LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 31 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    sorry, I got lost when you called me a communist. The boards are cool but we all think you are nuts, and it is just wrong what you do to those poor rich people.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post

Roy, the videos show me one thing... you are not a very good surfer. Not because you can't walk on the nose... even though you cant, but you look like you are going to fall on every single turn you make.

Now tell me, are you losing your balance because you are a bad surfer, or because the board is not a good surf board? Or both? But it can't be neither.
    You are mistaken, not only because I almost never fall off, but because the video evidence shows excellent balance and control.

Rode 40 plus waves at the point yesterday without losing my board or falling off, while many other supposedly good surfers and a respected local shaper were blowing it...and I frequently receive unsolicited compliments on my surfing ability.

In short you don't know what you are talking about.

Have another look:

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post

sorry, I got lost when you called me a communist. The boards are cool but we all think you are nuts, and it is just wrong what you do to those poor rich people.
    Well, let's hope that you find your way again.

how about your orange wetsuit? do you receive unsolicited compliments on your wetsuit or helmet?

Now, Just like most other people people Im officially out of this thread forever. With your best evidence you have proven that your boards are not worth more then the materials which might add up to 1500 bucks....

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post

how about your orange wetsuit? do you receive unsolicited compliments on your wetsuit or helmet?
    What has that to do with surfboard design?

Now, Just like most other people people Im officially out of this thread forever.

You speak as an 'official' and for other members... impressive.

Thanks for the conversation.

With your best evidence you have proven that your boards are not worth more then the materials which might add up to 1500 bucks....
    Back so soon?

Is the assessment made by yourselfon the value of my boards also 'official' and published on behalf of 'most others' or is it just your personal opinion?

Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
    Hey Roy, do me a favor and **** off.

Reminds me of big wave Dave. Those delmarvians know the legend.

unfortunately this sounds like the real Roy. His bullying and pedantic postings are all over Tree to Sea. All this talk of design and performance when a third of his board is out of the water at any given time. There are plenty of more humble artists building beautiful and functional boards. I also got a good laugh watching him glue together his boards by laying heavy objects on them

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyPedro View Post

unfortunately this sounds like the real Roy. His bullying and pedantic postings are all over Tree to Sea.

Actually all I'm doing is making my case as calmly and precisely as possible in an environment which is full of vague, imprecise and incorrect ideas... and I'm staying calm amid a considerable amount of personal abuse.

All this talk of design and performance when a third of his board is out of the water at any given time.

In reality the amount of board which is out of the water at any given time depends upon, amongst other factors the speed of the board and the wave shape. You seem to be suggesting that performance is hindered when the board is able to increase or decrease the wetted surface area in response to rider demands and wave conditions, when clearly that isn't the case.

I also got a good laugh watching him glue together his boards by laying heavy objects on them
    It's low tech and it works, so I'm happy with the method. All power to you if you use mechanical or vacuum clamping.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipsmacker View Post

Hey Roy, do me a favor and **** off.
    I remind you that I you don't have to visit this thread, and that I have a right to reply, I'm remaining logical and honest, but if you don't like the thread I suggest that you ignore it.