LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 34 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 1274
  1. #331
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,358
    Quote Originally Posted by bubonicphoniks View Post
    There is no possible way for you to charge me. I am not going to even post the questions because I have lost all interest. Don't fix my grammar. You have no interest in making or selling surfboards with your current prices. You seem interested in only bringing attention to yourself. You seem pathetic. Enjoy your Swellinfo.com thread, adios.
    And he lacks tact, which is business 101. That is a good reason why his threads always drag on for miles. If here were trained in customer relations, he would refrain from all internet arguments. If someone says something bad about your design, post technical information (design/FEA) proving your point and move along. Instead, he posts long rants with opinions and tosses in a few snide remarks. I think I am going to start a small consulting business offering customer/public relations training to small business owners. It is so easy to defend a product without starting an argument. However, there is no way to defend the price.

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    844
    ""The End""

  3. #333
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Northern New England
    Posts
    443
    Roy, as your 500,000 dollar surfboards sit around waiting for a buyer, let me direct you to a sponsored ad here on the forum. Its called Equipify and, in short, you rent your extra gear out to friendly travelers for a fee. So, someone coming to your neck of the woods could rent one of your Artboards out for say, 5,000 for the day. Throw in the all red wesuit and make it an even 10K.

    I could not help but note that, almost overnight, you've become a senior member with over 120 posts to the forum on this one thread. Impressive, Roy.... Very impressive. Looking forward to your thoughts on some of the other things going on here that do not relate to your silly price model which is undefendable, even with your delightful grasp of grammer and puncuation combined with your visceral fear of communism. G'day, mate.

  4. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post

    And he lacks tact, which is business 101.
    Really? I've been called a douche, a mental patient, a drug user, a liar, a scammer, and just about everything else on this thread, I've been told to f off, shut up,and go away and have responded calmly and logically, yet you criticise my behaviour? Tact does not include rolling over and dying.


    That is a good reason why his threads always drag on for miles. If here were trained in customer relations, he would refrain from all internet arguments.
    I'm not a corporation I'm an individual, you see what is there rather than some carefully sanitised BS. It's the real deal.


    If someone says something bad about your design, post technical information (design/FEA) proving your point
    That is exactly what I've been doing.



    Instead, he posts long rants with opinions and tosses in a few snide remarks.

    Cry me a river...I've been restrained and polite, actually... unlike many others here.



    I think I am going to start a small consulting business offering customer/public relations training to small business owners.

    It is so easy to defend a product without starting an argument.

    I'm merely responding to the posts with relevant information, that is not starting an argument and in any case there's nothing wrong with argument it is a vital part of communication where there is disagreement.


    However, there is no way to defend the price.


    Yes there is,as follows: Since we are not living in a communist state the price is set by the seller, it is not compulsory to buy,ergo there is no problem. ... and I don't fear communism I simply disapprove of it.


    .

    .
    Last edited by Roy Stuart; Feb 12, 2013 at 09:09 PM.

  5. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by Manisses View Post

    I could not help but note that, almost overnight, you've become a senior member with over 120 posts to the forum on this one thread. Impressive, Roy.... Very impressive. Looking forward to your thoughts on some of the other things going on here that do not relate to your silly price model which is undefendable
    The thread subject is the designs, not the price.

    .

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Really? I've been called a douche, a mental patient, a drug user, a liar, a scammer, and just about everything else on this thread, I've been told to f off, shut up,and go away and have responded calmly and logically, yet you criticise my behaviour? Tact does not include rolling over and dying.



    I'm not a corporation I'm an individual, you see what is there rather than some carefully sanitised BS. It's the real deal.



    That is exactly what I've been doing.




    Cry me a river...I've been restrained and polite, actually... unlike many others here.




    I'm merely responding to the posts with relevant information, that is not starting an argument and in any case there's nothing wrong with argument it is a vital part of communication where there is disagreement.




    Yes there is,as follows: Since we are not living in a communist state the price is set by the seller, it is not compulsory to buy,ergo there is no problem. ... and I don't fear communism I simply disapprove of it.


    .

    .
    You are a business if you are trying to sell boards for $500k. People are calling you names because of your back and forth banter. You brought it on yourself, and you still should have met critique without fighting back directly.

    You have given little to no evidence of your design's performance. Videos of you surfing your own boards with a goofy stance is not marketable evidence. Lets say I own a car company. I decide to sell a sporty car that is all new with some abnormal design features. Then, I decide to market this using videos of me driving the car without performing basic 0-60 tests or running on the skid pad. Instead, I cruise around the track and tell people the car is worth buying because it feels so good cruising. I am trying to sell a car without showing off any performance most drivers look for, and I am the only one driving my car. That is the issue we have here. Expensive board with a non traditional size. The video evidence is you, riding with an abnormal stance, and showing off little to no performance on the wave. You are cruising, yet telling us that the board is fast and easily turns. It can't be shocking to you that people criticize this. And no, your random reviews from unknown people are not evidence. There are like 50 people out on your break. Why not let one of them ride while you film? Why not ask any friends to ride? This just seems like you do things to attract attention to yourself. I can tell you that you are not doing this simply to sell boards.

  7. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post

    You are a business if you are trying to sell boards for $500k.


    The Dragon board 13'9" is listed at 1.3 million.

    I'm also a business because I sell surfboard plans, kitsets, blanks, wax, fins, sun block and raw paulownia wood. This business is significant financially.




    People are calling you names because of your back and forth banter. You brought it on yourself, and you still should have met critique without fighting back directly.

    People are calling me names because they can't think above a certain level, and because it is natural for herd members to do this to those who are eccentric or outside the norm.... especially when those who are outside that box are more intelligent. They try to fill the intelligence gap with abuse, because they are comfortable at that mental level. It doesn't work and never will.

    Realise also that the abuse is something I'm quite used to, I only mention it to point out the hypocricy of your position.

    I've been answering calmly, logically and honestly. Those who feel that it is necessary to post abuse have a problem, not me. It's par for the course and I take it in my stride just as I have been for the past 25 years.

    So, don't bother giving me your unsolicited 'advice' unless you feel like wasting your time, and mine.



    You have given little to no evidence of your design's performance. Videos of you surfing your own boards with a goofy stance is not marketable evidence.
    That's a matter of opinion, and your opinion on that topic is not universally shared.

    To be frank, you don't know what you are seeing.


    Lets say I own a car company. I decide to sell a sporty car that is all new with some abnormal design features. Then, I decide to market this using videos of me driving the car without performing basic 0-60 tests or running on the skid pad. Instead, I cruise around the track and tell people the car is worth buying because it feels so good cruising.

    A ridiculous assertion given that I was one of the first (and am still one of the few) who ran speed tests on my boards, especially considering the remarkable results of those tests.

    You also miss the point that on the 'track' over the past 20 years have been every kind of commercially available board in existence, ridden by riders of all abilities. I have not driven around the 'track' in isolation I've pitted my boards against all comers and they have come up trumps.

    Furthermore, the analogy begs for the following comparison: the automotive equivalent of conventional longboards would show cars bouncing from one side of the track to the other, their drivers walking over the roof to the boot in order to turn and then up to the bonnet to trim... while a better, faster design of car took more efficient lines through the circuit, the driver using a single control position and economy of physical movement.

    The analogy is coming back to bite you!



    I am trying to sell a car without showing off any performance most drivers look for.

    What they look for is the result of historic design faults ... the antics which are required to overcome these faults have been marketed as iconic. The manufacturer of the more efficiently designed vehicle is happy to use the vehicles himself until such time as the group mindset changes, and considers the experience to be entirely worthwhile even if that mindset never changes.

    In short, if he sells them, he's pleased, if not, then he's still pleased.


    The video evidence is you, riding with an abnormal stance, and showing off little to no performance on the wave.

    That's where you are mistaken. The stance predates the Malibu craze, and is used for reasons of efficiency. The performance is far ahead of the other boards in all functional respects.



    You are cruising, yet telling us that the board is fast and easily turns.

    Yes the board is fast and turns easily. It isn't designed for doing burnouts and doughnuts.... given that you have introduced the motor vehicle analogy I'm surprised that you refuse to see that a board which has better wave making ability and far better ability to turn at speed is an advance over the 'funny cars' which are dominating the market ( but not the waves!)



    And no, your random reviews from unknown people are not evidence.


    It isn't a court case,the people exist, I know who they are, and so do many other people.


    There are like 50 people out on your break. Why not let one of them ride while you film? Why not ask any friends to ride?
    I ride the boards better than anyone at present, however anyone who wants to partake is welcome.

    I remind you that the board toured New Zealand for a year and was ridden by many people, most of whom gave positive reviews.

    Predictably you don't want to hear any positive reviews, because the riders are, to you, anonymous.... a bit like you are to me.


    I can tell you that you are not doing this simply to sell boards.
    That's correct, I do it primarily because I take delight in designing, building and riding surfboards. I've turned down many article and interview requests too.

    The enterprise is postmodern and uncompartmentalised in every respect... I just do my thing and 'damn the torpedoes'.





    .
    .
    Last edited by Roy Stuart; Feb 12, 2013 at 11:52 PM.

  8. #338
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    The Dragon board 13'9" is listed at 1.3 million.

    I'm also a business because I sell surfboard plans, kitsets, blanks, wax, fins, sun block and raw paulownia wood. This business is significant financially.




    People are calling me names because they can't think above a certain level, and because it is natural for herd members to do this to those who are eccentric or outside the norm.... especially when those who are outside that box are more intelligent. They try to fill the intelligence gap with abuse, because they are comfortable at that mental level. It doesn't work and never will.

    Realise also that the abuse is something I'm quite used to, I only mention it to point out the hypocricy of your position.

    I've been answering calmly, logically and honestly. Those who feel that it is necessary to post abuse have a problem, not me. It's par for the course and I take it in my stride just as I have been for the past 25 years.

    So, don't bother giving me your unsolicited 'advice' unless you feel like wasting your time, and mine.




    That's a matter of opinion, and your opinion on that topic is not universally shared.

    To be frank, you don't know what you are seeing.



    A ridiculous assertion given that I was one of the first (and am still one of the few) who ran speed tests on my boards, especially considering the remarkable results of those tests.

    You also miss the point that on the 'track' over the past 20 years have been every kind of commercially available board in existence, ridden by riders of all abilities. I have not driven around the 'track' in isolation I've pitted my boards against all comers and they have come up trumps.

    Furthermore, the analogy begs for the following comparison: the automotive equivalent of conventional longboards would show cars bouncing from one side of the track to the other, their drivers walking over the roof to the boot in order to turn and then up to the bonnet to trim... while a better, faster design of car took more efficient lines through the circuit, the driver using a single control position and economy of physical movement.

    The analogy is coming back to bite you!





    What they look for is the result of historic design faults ... the antics which are required to overcome these faults have been marketed as iconic. The manufacturer of the more efficiently designed vehicle is happy to use the vehicles himself until such time as the group mindset changes, and considers the experience to be entirely worthwhile even if that mindset never changes.

    In short, if he sells them, he's pleased, if not, then he's still pleased.



    That's where you are mistaken. The stance predates the Malibu craze, and is used for reasons of efficiency. The performance is far ahead of the other boards in all functional respects.




    Yes the board is fast and turns easily. It isn't designed for doing burnouts and doughnuts.... given that you have introduced the motor vehicle analogy I'm surprised that you refuse to see that a board which has better wave making ability and far better ability to turn at speed is an advance over the 'funny cars' which are dominating the market ( but not the waves!)





    It isn't a court case,the people exist, I know who they are, and so do many other people.



    I ride the boards better than anyone at present, however anyone who wants to partake is welcome.

    I remind you that the board toured New Zealand for a year and was ridden by many people, most of whom gave positive reviews.

    Predictably you don't want to hear any positive reviews, because the riders are, to you, anonymous.... a bit like you are to me.



    That's correct, I do it primarily because I take delight in designing, building and riding surfboards. I've turned down many article and interview requests too.

    The enterprise is postmodern and uncompartmentalised in every respect... I just do my thing and 'damn the torpedoes'.





    .
    .
    Where is the video from all these different riders?
    Your board is an Olds 88 in a world full of Bugatti Veyrons. Yet you are charging Veyron prices.

    I am bored with this. Never have I seen an ego so big that it can never be wrong.

  9. #339
    You obviously haven't read my reply, or have done so with a closed mind. I responded to your car analogy with pertinent points yet you persist in ignoring them and repeating the myth that mainstream longboards are driven by purely functional aims of speed and coherent handling, while mine are not, when that is not the case.

    Ego and price have nothing to do with this, we are talking about, (or supposed to be talking about) design and performance. Because that is too difficult for most they tend to lower the discussion to the personal level.

    You say that I think that I can never be wrong, that is totally incorrect, all that has happened is that I've been presented with poor arguments which demand counter arguments... this does not entail infallibility or belief in infallibility on my part.

    .



    .

  10. #340
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    2,988
    Where is Mary Lee when she's really, really needed.