LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 38 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post

What are you talking about not making it?

Every LB on the east coast can easily make those waves.
    These boards have a huge wave making advantage of mainstream longboards, it's easy to say from your chair that you'd make this wave or that because the boards make it look easy, but the reality is that during the majority of sessions the other boards struggle and fail.

You have experience surfing both LB types?
    Yes, and more importantly I surf with all the variations of the mainstream 'Malibu' derived type on a regular basis and have done for a long time. They can't compete most of the time, because of their obvious design deficiencies.

Since when are there only 2 types.

Almost all mainstream longboards are derived from the Malibu type,although there are many variations they can stilll be lumped into the same category as far as their general deficiencies go.

Why do you make stuff up?
    I don't... except in the sense that I design, original surfboards.

Personally, I have never ridden a Malibu. I have been on a tri fin and a single fin classic style, both of which easily catch small to large waves. I don't need evidence, as there is a 40 year history of east coast surfing that shows the designs are proven to work. Will Allison has been shaping for 34+ years. I think he would be considered experienced.
    The point is that until the boards encounter superior craft then they are comparing their performance only with themselves.

I'm in the position where I can compare, you are not.

What are you talking about not making it? Every LB on the east coast can easily make those waves. That swell is big compared to our normal knee high stuff. I can catch anything knee high or above using a fun shape. You have experience surfing both LB types? Since when are there only 2 types. Why do you make stuff up? Personally, I have never ridden a Malibu. I have been on a tri fin and a single fin classic style, both of which easily catch small to large waves. I don't need evidence, as there is a 40 year history of east coast surfing that shows the designs are proven to work. Will Allison has been shaping for 34+ years. I think he would be considered experienced.
    Was thinking the same thing, you don't even need a LB for that wave in the video, that's got enough juice for me or anybody with any skill what-so-ever to catch on just about ANY board no problem. I've caught and ridden far less of a wave on a much smaller, skinnier, lighter board (6'10" FunFish) and still managed long rides.
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Feb 13, 2013 at 09:14 PM.

Is this serious? Over a million dollars for a board? There is no way you have ever even sold one at that price.

Right. You are related to a man that grew up in Louisiana and moved to NC.
    It's quite likely actually, if one goes back a few generations.

If your boards were in east coast swell, you probably wouldn't catch anything.

Lol now you are getting desperate!

Of course I'd catch plenty.

I wouldn't want to be anywhere near you with those weapons.
    I sympathise somewhat since no one wants to be outperformed. In terms of safety however I have an excellent record with respect to other surfers... partly because I am very safety conscious and partly because my boards have such excellent control capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post

Was thinking the same thing, you don't even need a LB for that wave in the video, that's got enough juice for me or anybody with any skill what-so-ever to catch on just about ANY board no problem. I've caught and ridden far less of a wave on a much smaller, skinnier, lighter board (6'10" FunFish) and still managed a long rides.
    Tell him he's dreaming!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    It's quite likely actually, if one goes back a few generations.

Lol now you are getting desperate!

Of course I'd catch plenty.

I sympathise somewhat since no one wants to be outperformed. In terms of safety however I have an excellent record with respect to other surfers... partly because I am very safety conscious and partly because my boards have such excellent control capabilities.

My guess is you have never surfed the eastern coast of the old US of A. If you had, your comments would be very different. I pray for the waves you had in that video. I don't care if they were the weakest waves ever, the size and shape would make most of us very happy.
    This is considered semi big for us:

We may not be pros out here, and we don't build $1mil boards, but East Coasters can surf even the worst waves.

Tell him he's dreaming!

Sorry but your pics only show up as blank boxes with a red X on my screen. You sorry SOB, only YOU couldn't catch a wave that nice without a LB, I on the other hand can and do on the regular. Nobody is dreaming but you.

None of those goons know the first thing about flex, they just use it as a marketing buzzword. There's a lot more to it than their clay footed designers realise.

Glass isn't ideal as it is compresses and stretches less than the wood... if the board is flexible it will eventually delaminate, we don't use it we simply resin coat as the resin moves with the wood.

We realised this and id it decades before firewire did, and a long time before Mr Burger... firewire are full of sh*t pretending that they thought of it. They haven't understood that functional flex is the province of longboards either... it won't work with mainstream 'Malibu' derived longboard shapes though.

No Roy, I made that chitt up first.

BTW, I know Will very well. Roy, on your best day you couldn't even hold a candle to a fart coming from his arse. Board making and surfing abilities aside and just based on class--throw the other two into the equation and it makes you appear more the single celled organism you are...

My guess is you have never surfed the eastern coast of the old US of A. If you had, your comments would be very different. I pray for the waves you had in that video. I don't care if they were the weakest waves ever, the size and shape would make most of us very happy.
    This is considered semi big for us:
    I surf stuff like that often, those surfers are severely handicapped by their equipment. Although the waves are short and tend to close out with a board like the Ghost or Makaha, if they knew what they were doing they'd get far better results.

Many videos of me riding smaller and weaker surf can be seen on my youtube channel.

We may not be pros out here, and we don't build $1mil boards, but East Coasters can surf even the worst waves.
    It depends upon what one means by 'surf'.. those riders are not making the best of it.

Bring on the video grovel fest comp!

I surf stuff like that often, those surfers are severely handicapped by their equipment. Although the waves are short and tend to close out with a board like the Ghost or Makaha, if they knew what they were doing they'd get far better results.

Many videos of me riding smaller and weaker surf can be seen on my youtube channel.

It depends upon what one means by 'surf'.. those riders are not making the best of it.

Bring on the video grovel fest comp!
    It's statements like these that SCREAM TROLL, you are doing a great job i'll give you that, troll away Roy, troll away!!!!