LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 39 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    I know I said I won't post here again.. but here I am...
    Roy let me tell you things about your board.
    1. they will perform like turd in small waves.
    2. they will perform like Turd in STEEP fast waves.
    3. they are designed for mushy waves probably waist high to shoulder high with slow faces.

so, now that those points are established, and they are until you post some video of steep fast hollow waves being ridden by you, let me ask you this.....
    What the heck is the point of this entire thread? You want to discuss what? how you are not open to being critique-d or how you thumb your nose at the modern surfboard? What is it? what do you want? do you want all of us to say, gee wiz, that Roy guy sure is crafty and witty all roled into one!

To be totally honest on your design... its appears to be pretty simplistic an not very advanced. by sticking the tail of the board into the rising wave you take advantage of its most abundant power but whats the point? You are not able to take advantage of the rest of the wave.
    For example, modern thruster actually generates speed from user input. did you know that? Other then the tail inside the rising part of the wave, you are maybe getting some quick lived speed from gravity.
    For that reason alone you'll never take advantag of a wave the way a modern surfboard does.
    Not too mention you design pigeon holes you into one type of wave. Mushy, (big or small) slow moving shoulders.

I, along with everyone in this thread is impressed by one thing and one thing only... how much of an irritating annoyance you have become. Seeing this thread on this forum everday has made this site an unpleasant experience. Now give it a rest. no one is going to give you a damn as you contiune on with yourself like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    You sorry SOB, only YOU couldn't catch a wave that nice without a LB, I on the other hand can and do on the regular. Nobody is dreaming but you.
    You couldn't be more wrong. I surf with riders on boards of all typical kinds all the time... they can't make it in conditions like that, although they typically enter the water full of hope when they see them being made by my boards.

The boards have a HUGE advantage in sub optimal conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Roy your board have a HUGE disadvantage is steep hollow waves. Am I wrong? ofcourse I am. Cause you posted that video of you surfing pipe and chopes... Oh no you didn't.

You couldn't be more wrong. I surf with riders on boards of all typical kinds all the time... they can't make it in conditions like that, although they typically enter the water full of hope when they see them being made by my boards.

Roy, I have some various large slabs of various mahoganies, Brazilian Cherry, Eastern Red Cedar and the such. Some of it live edge and some of it all rough sawn.

I bet I could randomly grab one of those slabs, preferably a 10/4 at about 26" wide, and it will ride circles around one of your retarded, cracked-out tongue depressors you call "surf craft."

That's it Roy, i'm tired of you beating around the bush. Why don't you MEET ME AT MY BREAK and we'll see who's serious and who's dreaming. Your sh*tty lincoln log vs. my FunFish with dings and everything all over it, I'll have the camera and everything ready so we can settle this debate once and for all. What do you have to lose? Oh that's right, all credibility, but you lost that a long time ago when you opened your mouth for the 1st time to this forum, and other forums across the interweb. So again, what do you have to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    It's statements like these that SCREAM TROLL, you are doing a great job i'll give you that, troll away Roy, troll away!!!!
    Agreed. Every video on his website shows beautiful waves, way nicer than what we normally see.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    I know I said I won't post here again.. but here I am...
    Roy let me tell you things about your board.
    1. they will perform like turd in small waves.
    2. they will perform like Turd in STEEP fast waves.
    3. they are designed for mushy waves probably waist high to shoulder high with slow faces.
    Wrong on all counts, and they ride exceptionally well in hollow conditions, as one would expect from their shapes.

how you are not open to being critique-d
    I am open to it, and respond to it truthfully.

For example, modern thruster actually generates speed from user input. did you know that?
    All surfboard do, and it is precisely what my boards do.

The entire flex system is designed for precisely that, and it works.

Not too mention you design pigeon holes you into one type of wave. Mushy, (big or small) slow moving shoulders.
    Incorrect they do very well in steep waves. as one would expect.

The designs are beyond modern and are free of the limiting modern paradigm.

I, along with everyone in this thread is impressed by one thing and one thing only... how much of an irritating annoyance you have become.
    Are you quite sure that you speak for everyone?

Seeing this thread on this forum everday has made this site an unpleasant experience.
    You don't have to visit the thread.

Now give it a rest. no one is going to give you a damn as you contiune on with yourself like this.
    If you don't like the thread then you could give it a rest yourself. Is that so hard to figure out?

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Roy, I have some various large slabs of various mahoganies, Brazilian Cherry, Eastern Red Cedar and the such. Some of it live edge and some of it all rough sawn.

I bet I could randomly grab one of those slabs, preferably a 10/4 at about 26" wide, and it will ride circles around one of your retarded, cracked-out tongue depressors you call "surf craft."
    Do it and post the video evidence please.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post

Agreed. Every video on his website shows beautiful waves, way nicer than what we normally see.
    If you'd like to see poor quality marginally surfable waves being ridden there are plenty of videos on my youtube channel showing it happening. I can post some this afternoon for you.

The catch of course is that as soon as I make the most of them it makes the conditions look better... when in reality the other surfers are getting nowhere at all.

I'd rather be out with 15 kayakers, 20 SUPs, and a family reunion of 50 mennonites in the shore break, during a lightning storm, on 4th of july than surf around that guy.

Cause ya know he'll be sitting wayyy outside. Trimming all the way to the beach. Safely and courteously

No offense intended DawnPatrol
    Last edited by goosemagoo; Feb 13, 2013 at 09:45 PM.