LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 49 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Roy you are a total loser.

I'm curious, how did you imagine this thread would turn out?
    I do not presume to decide the outcome of the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by bubonicphoniks View Post
    So you are saying that you think your achievements in surfing surpass Garrett McNamara's and you are qualified to critique his surfing because you know how to and can do it better than he can?

Also, I won the existence as bubonicphoniks award of the millennium, care to congratulate me?
    There are few things in this universe that can match the size of his ego. One could have concluded that any man who tries to sell a simple cheap item for $1mil is probably a bit full of himself.
    Last edited by brewengineer; Feb 15, 2013 at 03:18 AM.

So you are saying that you think your achievements in surfing surpass Garrett McNamara's and you are qualified to critique his surfing because you know how to and can do it better than he can?
    I can critique his surfing on my board because i observe that he was riding it incorrectly.

Extrapolating this into a wider statement which I did not make is a well known logical error in argument known as the 'straw man' tactic.

Also, I won the existence as bubonicphoniks award of the millennium, care to congratulate me?
    Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    There are few things in this universe that can match the size of his ego. One could have concluded that any man who tries to sell a simple cheap item for $1mil is probably a bit full of himself.

You are confusing factual matters with emotional matters.

This is supposed to be a design conversation, and I find that it is better to do design work unemotionally.

In other words stick to the topic, if you please.

http://www.roystuart.biz

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Sorry but your fin noise at certain speeds is, as I said, because there is an issue with the trailing edge of the fin or fins.... this happens often and it is curable by attending to the trailing edge with sandpaper, countless people have done just this as I have... and all of this is entirely compatible with a stick making a noise when it is swung through the air..

You are 'in denial' over this.
    Actually Roy it's completely comparable, actually it's the exact same phenomenon. You continue to make yourself look the fool. But I can understand... How could a guy who charges 1million dollars for a surfboard admit to being wrong? It might be bad for business. But being you've sold no boards, is it really a business?

I can critique his surfing on my board because i observe that he was riding it incorrectly.

Extrapolating this into a wider statement which I did not make is a well known logical error in argument known as the 'straw man' tactic.

Congratulations!
    Thank you Roy.

Roy talking about something other than the subject, your irresponsible critique of a FAR superior surfers skill and technique is what then? You are criticizing what I said on the basis that you think you understand what I was saying because it fits the qualities of an argument tactic you believe to be familiar with, yet by bringing that up you are talking about irrelevant information and changing the subject, so do try to stay on subject please?

You are confusing factual matters with emotional matters.

This is supposed to be a design conversation, and I find that it is better to do design work unemotionally.

In other words stick to the topic, if you please.

http://www.roystuart.biz

Real designers would say you're full of sh.I.I.I.t.

Thank you Roy.

Roy talking about something other than the subject, your irresponsible critique of a FAR superior surfers skill and technique is what then? You are criticizing what I said on the basis that you think you understand what I was saying because it fits the qualities of an argument tactic you believe to be familiar with, yet by bringing that up you are talking about irrelevant information and changing the subject, so do try to stay on subject please?
    I didn't bring it up, I just responded to it after it was brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Actually Roy it's completely comparable, actually it's the exact same phenomenon.
    Yes exactly, which is why I said that they are 'entirely compatible'.

You will find that if you foil the stick correctly and your fin trailing edge correctly both will cease to make the noise which you have been referring to.

But being you've sold no boards, is it really a business?
    Although you are once again off topic I must inform you that you are incorrect regarding my surfboard sales,and apparently have forgotten that I sell other products also i.e.plans, kits, blanks,fins, wax, sunblock and paulownia wood.

Roy the truth is Garrett McNamara's achievements in surfing are abundant, including many major achievements. I do not think you have any achievements in surfing that can rival even some of his smallest accredited achievements. McNamara's achievements are far superior to yours and therefore your critique holds very little legitimacy. He is a superior surfer, the world record holder for the largest wave ever ridden. The fact that he was unable to get a good ride on your board on that wave I have to believe is the fault of the unorthodox equipment, not the (accomplished) rider.