LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 53 of 104 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post

I'll say it again, I and a large portion of the SI crowd have a different idea of what performing on a surfboard means. Like I said earlier, you have a go-fast, go-straight board
    My boards turn very well indeed, they do so efficiently and without fuss, and unlike most longboards can do so while carving in trim at speed.

I think the surfer's idea of performance in this video have more in common with a lot of the SI users. In the video at 1:36 Beano tries a couple times to make a front side turn up the face of the wave. He tries this unsuccessfully then moves back further on the board to try again and still can't do it and finishes out the ride by jumping over the wave at 1:45.
    It is ridiculous to judge the board's capabilities from video of someone who is not a competent rider on that board and is making serious elementary mistakes.

[quote]

I know that these guy obviously don't know how to ride this board as you stated earlier.
    Precisely, so why use the video as an example of how the board performs?

These surfers attempted turns and were punished for it, you trim but attempt no turns. We've seen this many times through the videos you've provided.
    Absolutely incorrect my videos show many turns, these are accomplished without fuss and without standing far back on the tail. The boards turn from the trimming position.

throwing buckets if you will.
    Spray throwing is an inefficiency, ideally all turns would be accomplished with the minimum of spray.

Where is the future performance of your designs going?
    Wait and see... at present I'm producing a smaller more highly rockered version of the Makaha called the 'Hotkurl' with a deep single concave and a relatively high angle of lift on the tunnel. This design is not new to me but is to you. It's a winner... very fast and nimble.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post

I'd like to see the video of the 37 mph wave speed you achieved.... certainly if you had it clocked, you would have filmed it?
    No but I can reproduce the result in the future,and possibly beat it.

If you'd like to see what 25 to 28 mph looks like on regular boards then there's a speed event which the asp ran at Snapper rocks a while ago, it was published on the net and is probably still available.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Wait and see... at present I'm producing a smaller more highly rockered version of the Makaha called the 'Hotkurl' with a deep single concave and a relatively high angle of lift on the tunnel. This design is not new to me but is to you. It's a winner... very fast and nimble.
    Roy,
    G&S produced a beautiful board in the late 60's called the "Hotcurl".

"C"ind of biting their flavor.

Can't work anymore, going surfing.

TheReef_02152013.jpg

FITZ GO GET WET, SAVE ME SOME LEPRECHAUN GOLD AND WHISKEY PLEASE
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Feb 15, 2013 at 07:21 PM.

"deep single concave".... roy you think that's new???? hello, mcfly? anyone home???

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Roy, why do you refer to yourself in the third person sometimes?

I'm getting a little worried about you buddy.
    Exactly......I thought the same thing early on in this thread.

What does it mean when people refer to themselves in the third person?
    Answer:
    Plausible answer...
    I believe that first and foremost this is most likely an affectation. Possibly an attempt to get attention. Possibly they want someone to be concerned that they aren't well. If this is the case, I would talk to them at least in passing and ask why they say that. Another one could be that they have self-acknowledgement issues. Possibly guilt/shame/embarassment. Possibly low self-esteem. They may feel like an outsider as this would be a symbolic way to represent the self in a disasociated manner. People who do this may be coping with some issues that need to be brought into light. I would look at other aspects of their behavior. If it is deliberated towards some and not others, those who they direct this impersonal self-reference towards may be people who they feel neglected by. They may be sanely trying to say, in an oblique manner, "You don't acknowledge me, and so now neither do I." Possible Passive-aggressive tendacies? I would say these are most likely only because I have personally done this in my youth for reasons stated herein.

Quote Originally Posted by TX Shreddin View Post
    Exactly......I thought the same thing early on in this thread.

What does it mean when people refer to themselves in the third person?
    Answer:
    Plausible answer...
    I believe that first and foremost this is most likely an affectation. Possibly an attempt to get attention. Possibly they want someone to be concerned that they aren't well. If this is the case, I would talk to them at least in passing and ask why they say that. Another one could be that they have self-acknowledgement issues. Possibly guilt/shame/embarassment. Possibly low self-esteem. They may feel like an outsider as this would be a symbolic way to represent the self in a disasociated manner. People who do this may be coping with some issues that need to be brought into light. I would look at other aspects of their behavior. If it is deliberated towards some and not others, those who they direct this impersonal self-reference towards may be people who they feel neglected by. They may be sanely trying to say, in an oblique manner, "You don't acknowledge me, and so now neither do I." Possible Passive-aggressive tendacies? I would say these are most likely only because I have personally done this in my youth for reasons stated herein.
    Look Roy is obviously a little off. Judging on how he is relentless in this thread Im happy to not know him personaly or have him as a factor in my life.
    Im flat out sick of this thread and I've been playing every mental game with him in the book and he keeps going.. and I only started a couple days ago. this thread has been going nonstop since january 28th!!!
    I don't see how this thread will end... unless SI admins kill it or Roy somehow meets his maker. and no Im not saying that I would like to see anything like that, just pointing out what appears to be the futility of driving Roy off the deep end... as it appears he's already taken that road...
    Want to hear about Roy's abomination of the most boring surf style in the history of the sport? Pull up a chair if you've got nothing to do for the rest of your life...

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    "deep single concave".... roy you think that's new???? hello, mcfly? anyone home???
    I've been using them since 1994 and did not comment on the 'newness' of the feature...I was reporting what's coming up next in response to a question.

I've always preferred single concave from nose to tail to any other concave setup.

The third person is used now and then, it is more formal and less personal than the first person. In China it is considered to be good manners.
    Last edited by Roy Stuart; Feb 15, 2013 at 08:06 PM.

Images
    [QUOTE=Roy Stuart;155622]My boards turn very well indeed, they do so efficiently and without fuss, and unlike most longboards can do so while carving in trim at speed.

It is ridiculous to judge the board's capabilities from video of someone who is not a competent rider on that board and is making serious elementary mistakes.

Precisely, so why use the video as an example of how the board performs?

Absolutely incorrect my videos show many turns, these are accomplished without fuss and without standing far back on the tail. The boards turn from the trimming position.

Spray throwing is an inefficiency, ideally all turns would be accomplished with the minimum of spray.

"It is ridiculous to judge the board's capabilities from video of someone who is not a competent rider on that board and is making serious elementary mistakes."

I agree with you. We've seen people that ride your boards in the style they're accustomed to and they are unsuccessful. We've seen many videos of you riding your boards (forgive me for not knowing which version of the same board in each video) and your performance and style are the same. You have a go-fast go-straight board that performs at lower levels than other boards on the market. Your designs are limited to the style and performance shown in your videos.

Your videos do not show turns and when you slow down enough to go back down the face of the wave you're unable to do so with any power. There's that pesky Lindsay Lord popping up again.

The fact that you think spray is a indicator of inefficiency is laughable. In all of h20's rideable forms (snow, water and ice.... unless you have a board that can ride steam) you have some sort of spray. Slalom skiers to ice skaters move snow and ice when they travel over them, especially in a turn. Maybe it's the medium that's inefficent.

The bottom line is your post-modern boards perform at a lower level than a modern surfboard does.

Clemson!!! oh no... you've just given Roy the fuel for another 30 pages of this crap!!!!