LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 55 of 129 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
    Well Mr Fitz, I'm fitter, stronger and healthier than I've ever been, thanks to knowledge which comes from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post

. Just a tool used to accomplish a task.
    Yes that is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by newenglandflatness View Post

I am curious to know in what ways your boards are going to be able to advance the sport of surfing.
    They already have, keeping in mind that I don't subscribe to the idea that 'the sport of surfing' is one amorphous pile of cartel led consensus.

New designs by "mainstream" companies aim to do, and have done, just that, allowing surfers who enjoy surfing in a more similar style to the rest of us
    You suggest that advancement consists of conformity?

Lol ok

Because I have not seen a single "maneuver" in your videos that cannot be replicated on a 10' Bic board
    Yes you have, in fact most of what you have seen can't be replicated on a BIC or any of the common longboard types.

You constantly say how none of the commenters have "experienced both sides of the coin" the way you have....maybe make a board that will retail for less than a quarter million dollars and more people will have the opportunity to do so.
    Build one if you want to ride one cheaply.

I'm a little curious to hear your justification for the prices of your boards.... (cue the "Stay on topic, please" response from Roy).
    There isn't one, except that it suits us to price them thus.

Last edited by Koki Barrels; Feb 16, 2013 at 12:23 AM.

The last session with an appropriate soundtrack... I once owned a waterfront pole house on the point here, which I built myself back in '88.. good times.

Thanks to Heavy Hitters for the track

http://www.roystuart.biz/2013/02/hea...snake-man.html

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    The last session with an appropriate soundtrack... I once owned a waterfront pole house on the point here, which I built myself back in '88.. good times.

Thanks to Heavy Hitters for the track

http://www.roystuart.biz/2013/02/hea...snake-man.html

I crack up every time I see you surf.

my thoughts from yesterday are confirmed.... I caught myself in one of the biggest yawns while watching this.
    Roy... you've mastered the art of boring... I guess its a byproduct of efficency? there's a both a compliment and truth in my statements.

in all honesty i don't think my front door would ride any worse than this. it floats, it's wood and it's heavy. put those together on the face of a perfect peeling point break and it goes. all for under $500k.. there are shapers doing very interesting things with wood. roy isn't one of them.

Whatever...here's a brief overview of the break during the session, that's my dog on the rocks. This will be part of a ten minute documentary which will be out in a month or so, including me yapping on camera.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151276696139109

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I crack up every time I see you surf.
    So we have laughing AND yawning... presumably not at the same time, and not while drinking coffee.