LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 64 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
    Greetings gentlemen and trolls, I'm going for a dawnie, I might answer some of your rants when I return.

Let's just say I have it covered at least 5 different ways.
    Last edited by Roy Stuart; Sep 16, 2013 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Greetings gentlemen and trolls, I'm going for a dawnie, I might answer some of your rants when I return.

Let's just say I have it covered at least 5 different ways.
    Pot meet kettle.

Last edited by brewengineer; Sep 17, 2013 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Don't feel bad for him. I seriously doubt he expects to ever sell a board for those prices. I believe his whole business plan is to set the bar so high on the boards he builds so that he can turn around and sell the plans for a reasonable price. This creates a "perceived value" and most people who are truly interested in a wood board will most likely want to try their hand at it themselves for dirt cheap compared to the price of buying "the real deal". Which isn't a bad idea because he can simply make copies of the plans and it cost him little to nothing so it's all profit really. He uses those funds to pay for the supplies on his next build. Then he makes a new set of plans, makes lots of copies, and sells those. Rinse & Repeat. I'm sure he's thinking, "one day some rich fool is going to make me an offer on one of these boards, and that's all i'll need, just ONE, that'll be enough for a lifetime."
    Exactly what I thought too. Make em way out of anyone's price range then sell plans so you can buy your own wood/tools and make your own. As has been said the craftsmanship is great and they look cool but they cost more than 99.9% of all surfers homes, cars and retirement plans combined!

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Pot meet kettle.

That's effing awesome...!

Found the article in the July 2011 issue of Surfer. I will scan it at work tomorrow and post it for you guys to read but to summarize:

Roy stated he picked $528,000 due to the Solfeggio Freq of 528 Hertz which was used in chants by Gregorian Monks for transformations and miracles (would be a miracle to sell one of these at that price!) and that if someone asked you how much your wife was worth how could you put a number on that. Went on to say he listed one on Ebay for $29,994 and it still did not sell. Finished by saying as of print the Baron remained with Roy and he had not sold one.

So Roy which part of the article was the lie?

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Found the article in the July 2011 issue of Surfer. I will scan it at work tomorrow and post it for you guys to read but to summarize:

Roy stated he picked $528,000 due to the Solfeggio Freq of 528 Hertz which was used in chants by Gregorian Monks for transformations and miracles (would be a miracle to sell one of these at that price!) and that if someone asked you how much your wife was worth how could you put a number on that. Went on to say he listed one on Ebay for $29,994 and it still did not sell. Finished by saying as of print the Baron remained with Roy and he had not sold one.

now your going after poor Roy? why? who cares what he wants to sell something for. your a sad lonely little chemeleon yankee/rcarter
    Last edited by OceanO; Sep 17, 2013 at 03:48 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanO View Post
    now your going after poor Roy? why? who cares what he wants to sell something for. your a sad lonely little chemeleon yankee/rcarter
    Is the enemy of your enemy your friend?!? OceanO, are we friends now?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Is the enemy of your enemy your friend?!? OceanO, are we friends now?
    haha. lol. yep. im member of the anti yankee/rcater coalition. we aim to rid SI of karma chemeleon...aka yankee/rcarter

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post

Your paraphrasing of the article has omitted part of what was said, but the statements to which you are referring contain two serious falsehoods.

Go ahead and post it.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanO View Post

It's no sweat, let 'em rant... he who laughs first, last, longest and loudest etc.