LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 69 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 1291
  1. #681
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Shoting Piers in Honeyton
    Posts
    2,480
    Roy in an effort to not waste space I will not quote your long post from above but suffice to say you are sliding into the anger posts that has seen you banned from other sites. You seem to do this once posters start using real arguments against you instead of just bashing you as you do not have any way to refute an opinion since it is as stated an opinion and not a fact. Why can you not understand that you have your opinion and we have ours and the proof shows it's you and a small few against the rest of the surf world.

    You mocking my comment of valid criticism shows that you feel no criticism of your work is valid.

    You call me and others communist when I have stated YOU CAN CAHRGE WHAT EVER THE HELL YOU WANT EVEN IF WE DISAGREE WITH YOU how is that communist and not capatilist? I never said wealth was bad and have said over and over and over again that you are free to charge what you want. I also said you look like a hippy not that you are one as evidenced by your greed.

    You say you do not act like the surf world is against you but then say everyone is lying about you and your boards, how do you reconclie that statement?

    As for the articles neagtivley depicting your boards, all I have ever read is them putting down your prices not construction. If you really want to prove your point then as I have said you or Charles please tell us the real costs of materials only used in this board then we can extrapalate the the difference and we will see what price you feel your work is worth. Again just to be 100% CRYSTAL CLEAR YOU CAN CHARGE WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT FOR YOUR TIME, but it seems that your hourly rate is higher than a surgeon who saves lives. Do you really feel you are worth that much? If so great but I myself and others here do not and that is our point.

    And finally to this comment:

    Regarding surf mags, you can't be serious... it's hardly news to Charles or myself that surf mags and many surfers find the prices to be 'outrageous'.

    If that was the case then why are you so shocked SI, Swaylocks and many other forums disagree with you?
    Last edited by rcarter; Sep 18, 2013 at 02:31 PM.

  2. #682
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    York Maine
    Posts
    746
    Images
    7
    Rcarter your the fool starting to sound like a communist. You continue to state that Roy has the right, because of free market capitalism, to charge whatever he wants. Your issue is clearly price based and not involved with surfboard design which is another issue in itself. You think surfing is this thing that can't accept a luxury item because its just not right in your mind. If one looks back on the history of surfing it was at its conception in the western world ofcource a hobby for homeless and grungy dudes .. Not true for ancient Polynesia however. Any way my point being is that like all things culture changes and surfboards are no longer the interests of slum life only. Lobster in Maine used to be collected on the beach when dead ones would wash up from storms and fed to jail inmates .. Not the case for lobster anymore , it yields top dollar in many markets foreign and abroad. Surfboards like lobster are things of value so lets enjoy it all.

  3. #683
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Rcarter your the fool starting to sound like a communist. You continue to state that Roy has the right, because of free market capitalism, to charge whatever he wants. Your issue is clearly price based and not involved with surfboard design which is another issue in itself. You think surfing is this thing that can't accept a luxury item because its just not right in your mind. If one looks back on the history of surfing it was at its conception in the western world ofcource a hobby for homeless and grungy dudes .. Not true for ancient Polynesia however. Any way my point being is that like all things culture changes and surfboards are no longer the interests of slum life only. Lobster in Maine used to be collected on the beach when dead ones would wash up from storms and fed to jail inmates .. Not the case for lobster anymore , it yields top dollar in many markets foreign and abroad. Surfboards like lobster are things of value so lets enjoy it all.
    I don't think you understand the definition of communism.

    As for the price argument, there is no reason to expect Roy to explain himself. He has a delusional view of his own work and its value. Actually, I think it is all part of his plan. I am guessing he makes his money off of plans and other such things, and the price point of his boards is really just a way to get some publicity.

  4. #684
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Rcarter your the fool ....
    Dammit people, did you all learn English as a second language?

  5. #685
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    York Maine
    Posts
    746
    Images
    7
    I'm really only on this forum to check the surf report but I do enjoy the forum discussions. My grammar shouldn't be an issue to anyone it's the point of my statements which matter. And yes a communist is someone who votes for big govenment and consequently big business. R carter has demonstrated his interest in big business namely the surf industry and following the standard set forth by it. He has shown little room in his skull for free thought and the acceptance of luxury goods within the surf industry is un acceptable to him , he's more concerned with the monopoly surf industry thus demonstrating communist / Marxist thought. The greatest good for the greatest Amount of surfers is the r carter battle.

  6. #686
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    I'm really only on this forum to check the surf report but I do enjoy the forum discussions. My grammar shouldn't be an issue to anyone it's the point of my statements which matter. And yes a communist is someone who votes for big govenment and consequently big business. R carter has demonstrated his interest in big business namely the surf industry and following the standard set forth by it. He has shown little room in his skull for free thought and the acceptance of luxury goods within the surf industry is un acceptable to him , he's more concerned with the monopoly surf industry thus demonstrating communist / Marxist thought. The greatest good for the greatest Amount of surfers is the r carter battle.
    Do you actually believe the stuff you write?

  7. #687
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    4,335
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Do you actually believe the stuff you write?
    Chucky does; you should see the crap he trolls me with.

  8. #688
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Not Nicaragua
    Posts
    117
    atlantico's mother just infomed me that tampons are on sale this week. better go stock up before this thread reaches 100 pages

    i hope all of you return from battle safely.

  9. #689
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post

    you are sliding into the anger posts that has seen you banned from other sites.
    Incorrect I'm mildly amused by your rants, there's no anger... and it's only one site.



    You say you do not act like the surf world is against you but then say everyone is lying about you and your boards, how do you reconclie that statement?
    I didn't say that, you invented the statement on my behalf.


    Again just to be 100% CRYSTAL CLEAR YOU CAN CHARGE WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT FOR YOUR TIME,
    I already know that.



    Regarding surf mags, you can't be serious... it's hardly news to Charles or myself that surf mags and many surfers find the prices to be 'outrageous'.

    If that was the case then why are you so shocked SI, Swaylocks and many other forums disagree with you?
    Firstly a forum cannot agree or disagree with anything, since a forum is not a sentient being.

    Secondly I am not at all shocked when some individuals disagree with me, I expect it and am quite used to it.

    .

  10. #690
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post

    I am guessing
    I agree with you there.