LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 76 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    7) I was warned by an insider in Hawaii that Randy is not to be trusted. I let him ride the board anyway as the event was open to all.
    Yes, you did use the word "anyway", this is your exact quote ya donkey. You aren't sly enough to get over on me, maybe some others, but not me. Just admit you contradicted yourself, and we'll be done here.

Images
    There's no such thing as the 'best' surfboard in the world and only a retard would imagine that there is.

I have many surfboards and surfboard designs, not just one.

There's a brief tube ride in one of the videos.
    Can someone please apologize to the Retarded LGBT community please?

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post

How many times did rarrick actually get to surf the FP 13 ?
    He could have ridden it as many times as he liked but in fact took it out only once and rode 6 waves, he fell off on most of them.

My guess is not that many, i think the video indicates it was his first time out.
    That's correct. It takes a little longer than that to adjust to the board, as is often the case when moving to a new design. look at how many threads there are on how to ride a mini sim for example... many people struggle at first but persevere because they want to learn how to do it. Randy didn't persevere.

Roy's designs are made for pure surfing and not the Malibu board walking style rarrick is probably used too. In the beginning of the video i see rarrick putting wax on the tail .. ? Pretty sure a displacement tail surfboard never needs a riders foot that far back.
    That's right.

I agree rarrick gave a decent review and he seemed genuine which is nice but I don't think he was riding it right is all.
    You should have seen the written review, it was scathing and as I said stated that the board would go better if cut in half.

Really considering his influential position Rarick did not do the decent thing by judging the board without having learnt to ride it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Yes, you did use the word "anyway", this is your exact quote ya donkey. You aren't sly enough to get over on me, maybe some others, but not me. Just admit you contradicted yourself, and we'll be done here.
    I said 'anyway' but was quoted as using the Americanism 'anyways'.

Please read more carefully.

I gave permission for Randy to ride the board after he requested the ride. I did not ask him to ride the board as claimed here. There is no contradiction.

5) It was stated earlier in this thread that Randy rode the board at my request. That is not correct, I had no contact with him until afterwards and did not request that he ride the board. The board was of course available to anyone who wished to try it.
    This is what you said, once again. YOU read more carefully, seeing as you can't even reconcile your own statements, I will keep posting your quotes until you do.

You can't let someone do something if you didn't have knowledge of them wanting to do so beforehand. He took it upon himself to ride the board... THAT is what happened. So just say that next time, don't insult him by telling everybody in the world that you LET HIM do anything, that's just wrong. You don't own him and you aren't capable letting him do a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Roy's designs are made for pure surfing and not the Malibu board walking style rarrick is probably used too.
    This is one of things that I take as an affront. WTF is pure surfing Chuck? Who the fvch are you or Roy or me or anybody to define what “pure surfing” is? There’s as much beauty and grace and “pure surfing” in punting a big air and camping on the nose as there is standing in the middle of the board. Some would argue more. It requires an incredible mastery of your board, the wave and your body to do what you don’t consider “pure surfing”.

I’ve seen part your quiver and I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that you’ve been surfing far less time than you’ve been word working and that you are in many ways a very novice surfer. That’s not meant to be offensive, but purely an observation. Have you ever ridden a potato chip at Trestles? A pig at Malibu? A gun at Sunset? A step-up at Pipeline? To say that Roy’s boards are more suited to pure surfing than any of those designs seems more like a wood worker’s opinion than a surfer’s. In my opinion, that’s pretty myopic. Surfing is both a very big world and a very small one. You’d be amazed at how small the circles run in the surfing hotspots. Everybody knows somebody and somebody knows everyone. What your riding matters a lot less than how you ride it.

Maybe you should keep a more open mind Chuck?

Last edited by zaGaffer; Sep 19, 2013 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    This is what you said, once again. YOU read more carefully, seeing as you can't even reconcile your own statements, I will keep posting your quotes until you do.

You can't let someone do something if you didn't have knowledge of them wanting to do so beforehand. He took it upon himself to ride the board... THAT is what happened. So just say that next time, don't insult him by telling everybody in the world that you LET HIM do anything, that's just wrong. You don't own him and you aren't capable letting him do a thing.
    You are wrong again.

Randy needed my permission to ride the board, and I gave it after he asked to ride it.

That's how the tour worked... the caretaker of the board would contact me saying that a particular person would like to have the board and ride it.

Randy contacted the caretaker and asked him if he could ride the board, display it at the pipeline masters, and have several pro surfers ride it at pipeline during the event. I granted permission through the intermediary of the caretaker.

That is not the same as asking randy to ride the board, which I didn't do.

You are 'flogging a dead horse' by trying to find any contradiction there.There isn't any.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post

This is one of things that I take as an affront. WTF is pure surfing Chuck? Who the fvch are you or Roy or me or anybody to define what “pure surfing” is? There’s as much beauty and grace and “pure surfing” in punting a big air and camping on the nose as there is standing in the middle of the board. Some would argue more. It requires an incredible mastery of your board, the wave and your body to do what you don’t consider “pure surfing”.
    I started using the term 'pure surfing' many years ago and this is what I meant by it: Surfing stripped to essentials.

Of course you can use the term to mean anything you like, I don't own it.

5) It was stated earlier in this thread that Randy rode the board at my request. That is not correct, I had no contact with him until afterwards and did not request that he ride the board. The board was of course available to anyone who wished to try it.

7) I was warned by an insider in Hawaii that Randy is not to be trusted. I let him ride the board anyway as the event was open to all.
    Stop changing your story to fit your argument. You can't go back and add more info to justify your contradiction. You knew nothing of him riding your board until well after the fact, this you made clear. Just admit it, you're wrong, it's ok, it isn't the first and certainly won't be the last.

20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Video interlude, the 12-9 'Makaha' at the point: