LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 80 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    And Roy, the proof is certainly NOT in the pudding. You have a very delusional sense of self. I've seen your videos, and you most certainly have trouble keeping your balance. Just because you don't hit the water doesn't mean you have good balance. A good surfer wouldn't look like he's struggling to keep his balance through his entire ride like you do. Throwing you hands forward with a stance that resembles taking a dump in the woods is no more appealing than the wide stinkbug stance you referenced. By suggesting your way of surfing is "pure" while others are not, you just make a mockery of surfing. This has to be a joke, you really can't be serious with this crap. Look at yourself on video dude, for F sakes!

Images
    Tom Blake built a ridiculous 20 ft board which is wicked cool. Tom wegner rode it and was amazed by it, thinking it was the coolest thing, a novelty to surfing. See swell info trolls , others in surfing have though outside the box and had allot of fun with it. Me and Roy aren't the only guys who enjoy and appreciate a different style. Note the part in this link where it speaks of the resurrection of ancient style..

Roy I bet Tom Blake would love your boards as in my opinion your olos have an acient charm coupled with a modern and hydrodynamic dominance yet done in a unique 'old school' but yet so modern approach. Tom Blake appreciated the past which is important.

Here's a fun link about a tom Blake surfboard
    Last edited by Charles Taylor; Sep 20, 2013 at 08:51 PM. Reason: My spelling was the difference between my entire argument thus far

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post

you most certainly have trouble keeping your balance.
    No I don't.

Just because you don't hit the water doesn't mean you have good balance.

Yes it does.

By suggesting your way of surfing is "pure" while others are not, you just make a mockery of surfing.
    I've suggested that surfing without doing unnecessary antics is 'pure surfing, I haven't made any claims about surfing with 'Dawnpatrol pleasing style'

This has to be a joke, you really can't be serious with this crap. Look at yourself on video dude, for F sakes!
    Look at those falling off their shortboards while trying to compete... fortunately for your delusional view you don't have to share the waves with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    See swell info trolls
    Why do you use this term? Because we have a different opinion than you? Should we also call you a troll? I don't think you'd care for that term as you're just stating your opinion as I and others are. Trolling would be if we were just trying to get a rise out of you. That is not what I or others are doing here. Maybe yesterday I was having a little fun with Roy on the contraction he made (yes you did Roy), but other than that I've been dead serious in my posts and am providing genuine feedback. Just because it defies yours or Roy's train of thought, shouldn't mean that I or others are "trolls".
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Sep 20, 2013 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Look at those falling off their shortboards while trying to compete... fortunately for your delusional view you don't have to share the waves with me!
    Thankfully we'll never share a wave, that we can agree on. Everything else, not so much.

I'm sorry but "tricks" are not required nor demanded by anybody in the "free surfing" world. Only in competition are they "required" for a high score.
    In my opinion you are kidding yourself.

You honestly believe that the reason why the vast majority of longboarders insist on noseriding is because they got there via independent self expression?

I don't think so.

Likewise your insistence that 'good surfing' requires doing more than the minimum shows that you are firmly entrenched in the modernist trick surfing mind set.

When a surfer decides to perform a "trick" it is because that is what they are feeling at the moment, having NOTHING to do with any rules or expectations set forth by any audience.
    'decides to perform a trick'.... that doesn't sound like a no mind zone to me, and of course it is brought about by the 'top down' influence of the competition based surf industry.

When I go surfing, i'm typically in the water by myself, maybe a couple others who decided to wake up before dawn like me, and there aren't any spectators usually, maybe a person walking by, but that's it. To suggest i'm doing a cut back or a floater for anybody other than myself is ridiculous and false. It's just something that feels right and a way to enjoy the wave more.
    I'm calling BS on that... if you didn't perform tricks, or try to, you'd go home feeling like a beginner, and that wouldn't do.

Going straight down the line with no intention of doing anything else gets boring and redundant after a while.
    Actually it is impossible to go straight and make the wave, so no one knows whether it is boring or not.

Certainly I never do it. You just fail to see what is really happening i'e' constant changes, turns, adjustments and subtleties.

throwing in a maneuver here and there CHALLENGES myself

Riding waves can be as challenging as one wants it to be regardless of one's approach.

For example riding a 13 foot board in a crowded point break while taking off deeper, making more sections and going further is a challenge I assure you.

Try it and then get back to me about it.

It requires very little skill or talent to trim / "pure surf".
    Make it look easy school frequently suckers in the unwary whose heads are full of their media plugged 'performance'.

Usually they encounter a collision with reality as their deep knowledge fails in the face of apparent nothingness in rescue orange.

'I'll show that guy' is often followed by failure, confusion, and sometimes unfortunately, anger, then beer.

Why do you use this term? Because we have a different opinion than you? Should we also call you a troll? I don't think you'd care for that term as you're just stating your opinion as I and others are. Trolling would be if we were just trying to get a rise out of you. That is not what I or others are doing here. Maybe yesterday I was having a little fun with Roy on the contraction he made (yes you did Roy), but other than that I've been dead serious in my posts and am providing genuine feedback. Just because it defies yours or Roy's train of thought, shouldn't mean that I or others are "trolls".
    Troll behaviour has been observed, but thankfully the conversation is taking a more philosophical turn at present.

FYI I neither 'contracted' nor 'contradicted', your logic is seriously at fault on that one.

I can report that from outside the box it is sometimes hard to accept that the monocultural and frequently illogical pronouncements coming from those inside the box are actually sincere... that the herd members actually 'believe their own BS' as it were... but sadly the dogma is so entrenched that these people have accepted it as their very own creation.

Ok, it's obvious you just took like 5 big rips on your kiwi bong, so with that i'll let you be, and I don't blame you, I'll be doing the same shortly, minus the kiwi, I burn american weeds.

You sure do have a strange way of looking at things. If trimming is all you want to do in surfing, who am I or anybody else to stop you from doing that? If that's what makes you happy, then more power to you.

I certainly don't care if you ever decide to do anything else, but don't go around acting like you invented a new style or form of surfing, because you haven't, it's just that you've decided to not progress at all and are stuck in the beginner stage, not that there is anything wrong with that....

Thankfully we'll never share a wave, that we can agree on. Everything else, not so much.
    You'd turn down such an opportunity?

Never mind, another wave comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Troll behaviour has been observed, but thankfully the conversation is taking a more philosophical turn at present.

FYI I neither 'contracted' nor 'contradicted', your logic is seriously at fault on that one.

I can report that from outside the box it is sometimes hard to accept that the monocultural and frequently illogical pronouncements coming from those inside the box are actually sincere... that the herd members actually 'believe their own BS' as it were... but sadly the dogma is so entrenched that these people have accepted it as their very own creation.
    I was talking to Chuck, or are you admitting that you are one in the same? Please refrain from speaking on others behalf, thank you in advance.