LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 91 of 129 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Roy are you designing your fin boxes in house ? If so what's your 3d rendering software of choice ? I am dabbling with solid works currently and seeking to make a fin box from wood. Matrix quiver is cool, thanks for sharing
    Yes in house, it's all drawn in solidworks.

Are you planning to rout the box from a solidworks file?
    Last edited by Roy Stuart; Mar 31, 2014 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post

So you are essentially making pop-outs now?

I mean, not technically a pop-out

Make up your mind, then call them what you like, that's my advice.

for myself, I'll call them surfboards.

So switching from wood to foam? Didn't the surf indusrty do that about 50 years or so ago? You are not becoming a sheep following blindly what Slater and Merrick say is best are ya?

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    So switching from wood to foam? Didn't the surf indusrty do that about 50 years or so ago? You are not becoming a sheep following blindly what Slater and Merrick say is best are ya?

'Switching' from wood to foam implies that I am no longer making wooden boards. In fact I'm still making wooden boards.

Anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Make up your mind, then call them what you like, that's my advice.

for myself, I'll call them surfboards.
    We call them pop-outs here in Charlestonia. A label applied to any non-hand shaped board. It is just interesting, because you are a self proclaimed Luddite. This is sort of the opposite direction. Solana surfboards in Cali make sticks the same way. They are a cheap option for people that want a bit more quality, but can't afford hand shaped.

'Switching' from wood to foam implies that I am no longer making wooden boards. In fact I'm still making wooden boards.

Anything else?
    Sorry, forgot you are Mr. Literal. Intergrating foam with wood boards sound better to you dip ****?

Images
    Yes in house, it's all drawn in solidworks.

Are you planning to rout the box from a solidworks file?
    Im after a dxf export into my shop bot tool path. i would like to have that little router cut something that can hold a fin. Im only in conceptual phases of this and Im new using solid works but I have some excellent human capitol thats interested, so we might come up with something soon. Just playing with ideas really thats all

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post

you are a self proclaimed Luddite.

No I'm not, many people make that mistake because I use wood and have a surfer mag account called 'Luddite', which is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Sorry, forgot you are Mr. Literal. Intergrating foam with wood boards sound better to you dip ****?
    Yeah but it's a different proposition.

No I'm not, many people make that mistake because I use wood and have a surfer mag account called 'Luddite', which is a joke.

And have lived off the grid. Odd guy, you are.