LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 94 of 130 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post

When Roy asked Rarick to review his product
    Actually Randy approached me and requested the board... it was a community event not an industry led slam dunk but he has a slick tongue and got his way. I was warned by a person who has had dealings with him not to trust him.

It is certainly not a fair review,and it took us 2 years to get the board back, the board was under lock and key due to death threats from the Hawaiian mafia.

If you think there was no agenda under way you are dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post

I'm interested to hear more about the matrix quiver either way so lets not make the thread die
    Hi Charles yes we'll keep it going.

The titanium fin is being printed today, it's been quite a process to get it right.

I'll post up some reviews on the Ghost 13 and Makaha designs by independent riders, many are are high praise.

Industry people and in particular other shapers can not be seen as independent, as they all have axes to grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    It is certainly not a fair review,and it took us 2 years to get the board back, the board was under lock and key due to death threats from the Hawaiian mafia.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahah. Hawaiian mafia? That's a good one. Let's hear another.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Industry people and in particular other shapers can not be seen as independent, as they all have axes to grind.
    Yeah, you are right. People who no one has ever heard of before are much more reliable for reviews. You are an industry person, so why should we trust you?

Im curious as to what is to be gained from sabotaging the roy stuart board? good or not - its not a "purchaseable" surfboard in anyway shape or form.
    So really, I think this is just a ridiculous part of a ridiculously past its usefulness as a topic thread.

But just for sh&ts and giggles... Roy why would it be important to sabotage your board by the surf community?
    Last edited by MFitz73; Apr 1, 2014 at 07:23 PM.

Any press is good press. I'd be interested to hear good review, because the board really just looks like a novelty to me. More artistic than actual surfing value. I can't deny they are ornate and interesting to look at. After watching some video, I just can't see the benefit of surfing a tree. Share away if you have these glowing reviews.

Just seems like it belongs in an art gallery rather than a lineup

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Im curious as to what is to be gained from sabotaging the roy stuart board? good or not - its not a "purchaseable" surfboard in anyway shape or form.
    So really, I think this is just a ridiculous part of a ridiculously past its usefulness as a topic thread.

But just for sh&ts and giggles... Roy why would it be important to sabotage your board by the surf community?
    It's a conspiracy, formed by all of his million dollar surfboard competitors.
    I want to give you a chance, Roy. I really do. I am really intrigued by the 3d printing thing, since it is gaining popularity in many of the industries I deal with. I even think your pop-out boards are an interesting concept, and would love to see some videos of them in action. I just have a hard time taking you seriously when you go off the deep end with posts about sabotage and mafia cover-ups.

LOL Hawaiian Mafia, cover up's, boards locked down for fear of the Hawaiian Mafia, sounds like a really really bad 70's movie. Just curious is the Hawaiian mafia called the Pineapple Posse? You have always said that RR rode the board wrong, well since very very few guys surf "Roy Style" standing in the center of a giant board perhaps you should have dug up The Duke so he could ride it correctly. Face it man you make boards for your style of surfing which very few surfers still use (not saying if that is good or bad just stating a fact) so it is no wonder the negative review(s) and criticism is more vocal than the ones who like the board.