LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 96 of 128 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    some really crappy slop my bud filmed of me this morning, but it went pretty well in the east coast shorter period mush, just get in early and fly through stuff that closes out on everyone else who surfed here this mooring. I don't invent it I just report it.
    I see nothing in this video that a normal LB or even a fat fish could not do just as well. And as Brew said, once again we are blessed with a video of a straight ride with nary a turn in sight.

Images
    [QUOTE]I see nothing in this video that a normal LB or even a fat fish could not do just as well/QUOTE]

the point was reminiscent of the first few posts that are this thread

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post

assassinate the individual's character.
    Coming from you? lol squared.

As for 'troubles' are you serious? Without a bit of controversy and skullduggery the olo tour would have lacked spice.

Don't mistake telling it how it is for complaining... I'm just reporting what happened i.e. events which occurred, and expressing my opinion.
    Last edited by Roy Stuart; Apr 2, 2014 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    the point was reminiscent of the first few posts that are this thread
    And what is your point? To this day no one has ever done what numerous members here have asked and posted a video of these craft doing anything but going straight down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    And what is your point? To this day no one has ever done what numerous members here have asked and posted a video of these craft doing anything but going straight down the line.
    That's obviously not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    That's obviously not correct.
    I am not talkign about side slippin and flowing top to bottom, I mean a good ole fashioned honest to God, make ya want to smack yo momma across her face CAROLINA CUTBACK!

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    I am not talkign about side slippin and flowing top to bottom, I mean a good ole fashioned honest to God, make ya want to smack yo momma across her face CAROLINA CUTBACK!
    I'll leave that sort of thing to you, it's not what we are aiming at, , so perhaps you should stop asking for it?

Smooth does it for me.

By the way why do you suggest that a cutback makes you want to hit women? It sounds like you have anger issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    I'll leave that sort of thing to you, it's not what we are aiming at, , so perhaps you should stop asking for it?

Smooth does it for me.

By the way why do you suggest that a cutback makes you want to hit women? It sounds like you have anger issues.
    I think carter is saying that it would be nice to see proof that the schooner actually turns, and doesn't just plane up and down the wave (which is what all the videos show). The video of your son on a shorter log is probably the closest I have seen to this. See example around 1:10 in this video: http://youtu.be/xNMLOCNo4BY

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I think carter is saying that it would be nice to see proof that the schooner actually turns, and doesn't just plane up and down the wave (which is what all the videos show).
    You are deliberately blind... other people have commented on how well my boards turn, including longboarder Mark CJ Nelson.

Carter is an idiot, he isn't talking about turning he's referring to a particular style of turning but doesn't get the difference.

If you look at my videos you'll see that the boards turn almost constantly, and they do so in trim without having to pedal back to the tail to do a ponderous pivot/rotation.

As for planing, that's what surfboards do.... and it is strange how I can go from surfing left to surfing right on the same wave if I can only go up and down.

Anyway if you want a 'Carolina cutback' which makes you want to hit someone then do it yourself... if you surf... I have my doubts about whether or not some of you do.

You comment regarding the video showing my sons is ridiculous, clearly they are turning way less than I am during that session. Again, you are blind by choice.

I have to say that I am impressed with the lengths to which Roy is going to basically tell everyone they are wrong and the manner in which he does this is really incredible. Good job Roy. But lets face it, you have one shot to make a good impression and your board and design had that shot. I think its kinda cool.. but its not the best board and certainly it does not appear to be the best performing board or we would see someone surfing pipe with it. I think you could do a lot for your reputation(I only say this because you are obviously concerned about that) if you just let the crits go and work on the foam boards you posted. I'd be more interested in seeing that.
    Last edited by MFitz73; Apr 2, 2014 at 05:47 PM.