LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Wrightsville Beach Camping

Is there anywhere to tent camp during the winter around Wrightsville Beach?

Masonboro, Lee/Hutaff Island, any of the spoil and marsh islands between the ICW and the beaches. CB North End too.

Definitely NOT on WB

Images
    Not on Wrightsville beach, the police will be all over you. However, you can camp on Masonboro island or any of the other small off shore islands if you have a boat.

How about a campground with road/foot access?

Quote Originally Posted by Brode View Post
    How about a campground with road/foot access?
    Just camp in Carolina Beach State Park. It's a nice little campground with nice hiking trails. Close to all the spots mentioned. It has bathrooms/road access, and you are in the woods! You can here the traffic in CB, but it feels like you are somewhere else with a little imagination. The skate park is down the street if there is no surf as well.

PM me if you come down. I will show you around CB if you want. May-be someday you can do the same.
    Last edited by respecttheocean; Feb 13, 2013 at 07:42 AM.

Park on the north end of CB by the pier and walk a couple hundred yards or as far as 2 miles. Have fun!

Go look at "Hack N Shack's" latests posts on the forum. It's actually pretty entertaining to see how much s*** he talks and just calls everyone a kook.

P.S. BRAH...I see you actually started a friendly thread about coming to Ocean City which happens to be my home break. Funny, when I asked about coming to your hometown you just called me a kook and said it's flat all the time. Do us all a favor and stick to surfing the couch in your mom's basement.

Images
    The thing is, when most people say its flat here in wilmy there is usually still a rideable wave. I've come to the conclusion that most people here just think they are too good to be seen in small surf; doesn't bother me because I hate the crowds anyways.

Yeah, Huck-n-Suck is such a badass down here in the lineup. I've seen her surf the outer reef in front of the yacht club all the way through into the slabbed out pit on the inside shelf, up the beach and then straight into a bench-off with NJshredmachine. Pharking GNARLY!

Brode: Bring a kayak or a canoe down, easy paddle to some cool spots from easily accessible areas. PM me and I'll try to point you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Yeah, Huck-n-Suck is such a badass down here in the lineup. I've seen her surf the outer reef in front of the yacht club all the way through into the slabbed out pit on the inside shelf, up the beach and then straight into a bench-off with NJshredmachine. Pharking GNARLY!

Brode: Bring a kayak or a canoe down, easy paddle to some cool spots from easily accessible areas. PM me and I'll try to point you in the right direction.
    Thanks man, I will shoot you a message if I end up making it down that way.