LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    if that wave was straight shore pound
    Nazare is a beach-break! So, I guess when you factor the wave size in vs. how far offshore it breaks (not very) it could definitely be considered shore pound... geometrically speaking or something like that.

Pharking gnarly.

Images
    it looks to be about as tall as the top of that building... So, just measure from sea level up to the top of the roof or thereabouts.

what about the one behind it? crazy stuff

I will say this, and take it for what it's worth. Being an amateur photographer I have seen some odd compression in photos taken from far away with a zoom. It can make far away things look bigger than things in the foreground and make things look closer than they really are. Not saying that wave is not gigantic but its probably further out and lower down than it looks in the picture.

Check out this video made in the same place with the same building http://youtu.be/IlrqyHIE4wc
    Last edited by Zippy; Jan 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM.

I give WAYYYYYY more props to those who surf Teahupoo or heavy waves. That wave is just a fat crumbling mountain of water that barely breaks.

Watch this video of it....A much different picture

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76a1ssV6-O4
    Last edited by Brode; Jan 29, 2013 at 12:21 AM.

this is not just about surfing, I'm honestly impressed with the accomplishments of the human race as a species right now.

Takes some serious balls no matter what equipment he is using, either way you look at it, this is nuts! The bar keeps getting higher, what's next?

Images

So this is where you paddle out?

paddle.out..JPG

Dude. That was me in Mystic, CT three days ago. It was all time. Looks a lot bigger once you get out there, too.