Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Waves vs School

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    ^^^ THIS! You have you ENTIRE LIFE to work and be "responsible", F THAT, GO SURF! You'll be just fine, don't listen to the teachers on here, that's what they're suppose to say!!!
    yea, bro! f--k skool! yolo!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroevol View Post
    Yeah, I rememberin FL, skipping school and hitting the Bee Line Expressway to Cocoa. Got a day of surfing in and still got back before rents got home. How was school today son? It was great! LOL
    I graduated hs more than 10 years ago, and even back then the school automatically called your house and left a voicemail that you were not in school. Had to get back home asap and delete those before the parents got home.

SKIP SKIP SKIP!!!!!! Although there are a lot of factors at play here (like quality of waves, quality of student, etc.), the fact that you're actually asking a bunch of people if you should skip shows a certain level of responsibility, which means you're probably a good student. Ipso facto you can afford to skip. I always used to max out my skip days in high school and because I was a good student no one ever said anything. I'm so wave starved right now I would skip work (it's actually a lot like school in respect to skipping) for some knee high rollers...

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Screw school man! I need more people delivering my pizzas, pouring my coffee, handing me my burritos out the drive-thru, and, most importantly, receiving an unEarned Income Tax Credit.....
    ^^^This...just make sure you came here illegally and have at least 3 social security numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    Coming from a teacher, SMH

dawnpatrol, i think what we have here is a sar-chasm.

dawnpatrol, i think what we have here is a sar-chasm.
    Completely aware of your attempt at sarcasm there teach...

^ Thought this was great. Mostly due to the 'YOLO' reference. Every tourist beach store slaps a big 'YOLO' on all of their products because that's what all the surfers say - right?

In all sincerity, the OP should go with his/her instinct. I graduated from college in 2011 & I have been stuck at a desk since. You can't skip work, but you can skip school. Know what's ahead of you and live it up while you still can.

Word, thanks for the input guys! I'm only in 11th grade and my grades are good currently and I barely miss school. Fug it, I'm ganna enjoy the waves while I can! Honestly surfing is a great way to blow off stress, so I'm ganna take a day to release some negative vibes... If I'm releasing stress, in the long run im actually improving my education because I learn better when I'm free of stress c: see you out there bruhh

Can't skip work? You're not doing it right!

Sick days + personal days = surf days

On the greater topic, it's somewhere in the middle. Should you make a habit out of skipping school when there's decent waves, just cause it's been a while since your last sesh? Probably not, but I might hang on to that day until it's warmer and/or better, or just jump out after school. On the flip side, is it going to kill your future to miss a day here and there to surf all day? Hell no.

Always gotta hang on to a few days for use during hurricane season. Although come to think of it, I guess if you're in school, that would have meant running through all your sick days in the first two months, which would have made for a pretty remainder of your year