Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Waves vs School

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWocal View Post
    Thursday is looking like it could be pretty fun boyz! Should I skip school Thursday and go snag some waves? Haven't surfed in a while so this swell is looking pretty tempting to me! What do you guys think?!
    I didn't bother to read all the comments so far......but here's my two cents worth........GO TO SCHOOL! Prepare your life for more and better surfing. Learn everything you can in school....now.....while you still can. Surf before, surf after, but whatever you do don't skip school.

What you do now will help determine your future.....want to flip burgers and live out of your van (which there is nothing wrong with that) and never see a day of paid vacation time (something very wrong with that)?.....skip school.

Also when asking this question, you should consider the sources. I am the GM of a business, I get 3 to 4 weeks paid vacation a year, I own my house and car........and many boards......Most of the time I get to surf whenever I want.....I am in my mid thirties and I didn't skip school.....(actually wish I would have gone longer.)

should i skip school/work is kind of like asking is this board good for me. wocal, buddy, you gotta make your own decisions

Quote Originally Posted by pinkstink View Post
    should i skip school/work is kind of like asking is this board good for me. wocal, buddy, you gotta make your own decisions
    I think most people who ask these questions have already made their decision, they are just seeking validation from others who may possibly be more experienced than them. But I agree, you gotta make your own decisions.

"Mike"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWocal View Post
    Thursday is looking like it could be pretty fun boyz! Should I skip school Thursday and go snag some waves? Haven't surfed in a while so this swell is looking pretty tempting to me! What do you guys think?!
    Go. No question, unless they are testing you for 100% of your grade tomorrow, go. You wont remember the class or the missed attendance tally, but youll damn straight remember the swell

Images
    Make damn sure your house is in order before you turn your back on any commitment, start your own business so other people work for you and surf anytime you want.<br /><br />
    Give me your decision
    <br /><br />You must not be that committed to going if you have to be told what to do. Don't make a habit of being told what to do. Tell others what needs to be done.
    Last edited by TX Shreddin; Jan 30, 2013 at 10:40 PM. Reason: forgot quotes cuz I was worked up like a Dad

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    drop out and become a bartender. Your 20's will rock! The rest of your life... eh
    Truest statement ever made.

I am going!!! I cant take it any longer! I am sooooooo pumped, it better be worth it which Im sure it will be since I have fun in the water even if there are no waves haha! Packing sh!t up and watching some vids to get this mofo stoked! See you k00k$ out there! Thanks guys for the input, I appreciate it! c:

I'm sitting in my organizational strategy class right now on the web cams frothing so hard. I hate myself for trying to be a good student.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by swellchasing View Post
    Originally Posted by leethestud
    drop out and become a bartender. Your 20's will rock! The rest of your life... eh
    I believe that is the most righteous thing I ever heard Stud-lee say.....Amen

drop out and surf. seriously. why stay in school? so you can go to a 'good' college and get a 'good' job and spend the best years of your life working most of the time so you'll be rich enough to surf when you want when you're 50? it amazes me that so many people just do what they're 'supposed' to do and never ask why. dream. surf. travel. live. you might be dead tomorrow.