LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Waves vs School

I am going!!! I cant take it any longer! I am sooooooo pumped, it better be worth it which Im sure it will be since I have fun in the water even if there are no waves haha! Packing sh!t up and watching some vids to get this mofo stoked! See you k00k$ out there! Thanks guys for the input, I appreciate it! c:

I'm sitting in my organizational strategy class right now on the web cams frothing so hard. I hate myself for trying to be a good student.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by swellchasing View Post
    Originally Posted by leethestud
    drop out and become a bartender. Your 20's will rock! The rest of your life... eh
    I believe that is the most righteous thing I ever heard Stud-lee say.....Amen

drop out and surf. seriously. why stay in school? so you can go to a 'good' college and get a 'good' job and spend the best years of your life working most of the time so you'll be rich enough to surf when you want when you're 50? it amazes me that so many people just do what they're 'supposed' to do and never ask why. dream. surf. travel. live. you might be dead tomorrow.

Images
    After the crap I just surfed in Maryland I hope you went to school, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cresto4 View Post
    drop out and surf. seriously. why stay in school? so you can go to a 'good' college and get a 'good' job and spend the best years of your life working most of the time so you'll be rich enough to surf when you want when you're 50? it amazes me that so many people just do what they're 'supposed' to do and never ask why. dream. surf. travel. live. you might be dead tomorrow.
    I approve this message... except the drop out part, you should finish HS so you can at least afford to buy a board every now and then. As for college, it's not a requirement for being "successful". I went to college but didn't finish, yet, I make more in a year than most with a masters degree and some that have PHD's... not bragging, and money isn't the definition of "success", but it sure does help to have a little bit of it.

it's not the piece of paper that makes you valuable. If you have a skill, use it to the best of your ability and make money with it, if you have a dream chase it, if you have no clue what you want to do with your life, go to college. The people i've met through the years that got a degree, don't even work in the field they got that degree in. It's one thing if you are going to be a doctor, lawyer, etc., those require a very specific path, but those are the exception to the rule. An overwhelming amount of wealthy people in this country never finished college and some didn't even graduate HS, for what it's worth...
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Jan 31, 2013 at 09:07 PM.

Went surfing an had a great time! Super fun waves! Not too cold, but sorta windy! No regrets, had a great time with my great friend! And cresto4, I agree with that, I'd like to do a reverse retirement kind of lifestyle! I wanna be able to surf/skate/ snowboard and other fun sh!t while I'm still young and physically able to! Doubt ill be going ham when I'm in my 60s haha

Quote Originally Posted by TheWocal View Post
    Went surfing an had a great time! Super fun waves! Not too cold, but sorta windy! No regrets, had a great time with my great friend! And cresto4, I agree with that, I'd like to do a reverse retirement kind of lifestyle! I wanna be able to surf/skate/ snowboard and other fun sh!t while I'm still young and physically able to! Doubt ill be going ham when I'm in my 60s haha

Now, ask me if I want fries with that....

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Now, ask me if I want fries with that....
    ...in Maldivian.

Quote Originally Posted by cresto4 View Post
    ...in Maldivian.
    OK, Pomes Frites... or whatever you malt milkshakes call it....

OK, bed time now......