close ad [x]

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Nicaragua Advice

So I want to go back to Nica, but this time I have to take the wife. I want to do things a little differently and rent a car and not stay at just one place. I want to explore around a little bit and find a place to stay here and there. I like not having a schedule and I'm pretty sure I should be able to find places that have vacancy at the time, but is it worth the gamble? Should I just roll the dice or plot my course and make reservations for each place? I'm the kinda dude that doesn't like itineraries. I just wanna go with the flow and see what happens. How dumb am I?

The plan is to work my way south from Astillero, Popoyo, Santana, San Juan Del Sur and maybe even further south just to explore. First thing upon arriving to location would be to secure a place to stay, if that fails I could head back to original location. Of course this depends on vacancy. I know July is a popular time but shouldn't I be able to find rooms?

Also thinking about side trip to Granada, maybe stay my last night there to be closer to the airport and I might want to see a rain forest and/or volcano.

Spanish = minimal

i was in popoyo and i wanted to get out the entire time. Check out the extreme north, thats what i would have done if i had a car. Chinadega

how dumb are you?
    medium, i guess.
    you don't sound smart but not REAL DUMB either.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    how dumb are you?
    medium, i guess.
    Bro be nice everyone has questions, doesn't mean their dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    Bro be nice everyone has questions, doesn't mean their dumb.
    ok. answer these questions? what beach you want? you goofy or reg? u ok w/beachbreak colorado? or
    do you seek greener pastures? no hablas espanol? just the two of you? a/c mandatory? both holdin us passports?

Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    how dumb are you?
    medium, i guess.
    Baddy Sugartits, you ok? Lay off the fried mayonnaise balls. Your blood pressure goes up and you get all crazy.

Haha. I am slightly stoopid. Anyways. I'm not worried about which breaks. If it looks good I'll go. Don't care about amenities/AC. Yo hablo muy poquino espanol lol. Yeah just the wife and I unfortunately. I did the bro thing last time, but I got in trouble with my old lady...another story for another time. We'll both be holding our passports. I guess what I'm asking is.. Am I stupid for just trying to "wing" it, by not having reservations at each place locked in? I don't want to lock in and then have to leave a spot that could be potentially firing or what not. Also, I know gas is an issue out there. When I was there I never saw one gas station on the coast, but again I only stayed in the Popoyo area. Does SJDS have gasolina? The drive from Popoyo to SJDS is about 1-2 hours correct?

nah, winging-it ok. that air bnb phenom could help. only thing many times its not so easy to drive between spots
    due different things like traffic and weather and social problems. i know rivas has a gas station; no doubt others.

Quote Originally Posted by CDsurf View Post
    i was in popoyo and i wanted to get out the entire time. Check out the extreme north, thats what i would have done if i had a car. Chinadega
    north nica is a myth.the south is much better.really.they got that big outer reef that looks like pipeline,beachbreaks,reefs,points.the north is for poor people like me just looking to ride some whitewater.there are no good waves in the north.

real talk tho stay in the south if your bringing your wife.its not so bad in the south,up north is rural ghetto fishing villages with some bad apples.u don't want to get robbed while your with your wife.if anything head south into costa rica if your looking for some better waves.

I would say you're a dumb a$s if you DON"T wing it. Maybe lock up the first 2 nights accomodation so you don't have to mess with it upon arrival but that's it. Thats basically what I do for all my trips--including a couple Nic trips---and it always works well. Nothing worse than being locked into something your not happy with. Just my 2 cents. Enjoy your trip