LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Stayin' Classy in San Diego
    Posts
    1,873
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Yikes, that was rather harsh on the poor little fella
    Oooops, sorry kid, I was trying to be helpful, really. I'm pretty zonked on a NyQuil/DayQuil, vitamin C binge and I'm barely tolerable as human bean (yeah, I know what I mean, toot toot) on my best days. To top it off it's 65 outside, sunny with no wind, the waves are 3 blocks away and as nice as they've been since Saturday and all I can do is sit here and watch Ward stories. I sure don't feel like workin.

    Thing is, surfers is lika herd of cats and cats don't herd. Cats don't like water neither, but every cat can swim real good. When you figure that one out, let me know.

  2. Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Ok, don't come on this board and ask, "should I buy this board?", or "is this board right for me?" It's the most common question asked by novices and kooks. Figuring out if a board is right for you is a private act that will involve only you, possibly your shaper (can be the same person), your deity or deities of choice or lack thereof and some righteous waves. Asking this question is the surfing equivalent of asking, should I drink diet coke or regular coke, some of this you have to figure out for yourself. Yes, i know, boards are expensive and u want to get the right one for all occasions and every wave and you only have a few schillings or whatever crap u use for money over there. Thing is, that board doesn't exist. If cost is a concern, get a cheaper beater, because here's the thing, if you surf, your board's gonna get thrashed. If it doesn't, you ain't doin it right an your board's a wall hanger. There's a guy in Norway, shredding it on a board made of resin, newspaper and foam from a refrigerator door, in Arctic waves, be that guy. Got it?

    The second most common idjit questions are, "where's a good place to go surfing?", or "how will the waves be when i get to this destination?" or "should i paddle out?" These red flag questions imply that the questionnaire knows feck all about surfing etiquette and lacks the know all, willpower and drive to find waves on their own. These people are a plague and have contributed vastly to what is known as "the pussification of surfing". Surfing is something we all have in common, but catching waves is something we each have to do on our own. Nobody is going to catch them for, nor will any board (except a wave jet, buy one of those). NOYA

    The last, most commonly asked question is, "who or what is SouthJettyBill?"
    ZaGaffer is the biggest piece of trash on this site. Look at every single discussion thread and I guarantee this idiot is on there somewhere trying to act like he is Kelly Slater, gifting all of us with his presence. Bro, you clearly have no life as you post essay length replies to every single thread on the site. You spend more time talking about surfing on a website than you do actually surfing...and you live in San Diego. I also guarantee you surf like Tourmaline everyday and Blacks "is just too scary for you and your longboard" "Dont come on this board and ask"? Who do you think you are man? I also would bet you live on the east side of 5 with all the other high sock, straight brim, low life's riding around on dirt bikes. Kill yourself

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    As far as I know, most breaks in the UK are somewhat similar to what we have on the East Coast here.... mostly mushy beach breaks most of the year.

    That said, the board seems a little small for your general physiology in what looks like a standard high performance short board. i.e., probably not going to float you enough to give you the drive and power you might be looking for.

    And, that said, Gaff beat me to what would be my original response. Not nearly enough info to get a really constructive response and it's a pretty nebulous question in the first place.

    So, here's an example:
    My go-to board: Coil 5'10" x 19.25 x 2.33 quad. Pretty flat entry rocker, deep single concave and it carries the width pretty far up the nose and has a fairly wide squash tail. It's a hybrid of their Widerboard. I'm 6'3", somewhere around 165-170, athletic and I've been surfing for about 22 years--mostly rail-to-rail, vertical snaps, tail-throws and such... This board actually floats me better than my step-up and my general hpsb and works great in anything waist to a foot or so overhead depending on how its breaking--it's pretty much magic.
    How did I choose this board? Pretty much through my experience of riding different stuff and figuring out what what suits me and what doesn't and putting some serious thought into what I wanted next. If you don't have the experience to draw from, just buy the damned board and try it out. It is used after all, so it's not like it's going to lose a lot of value if you ride it a couple times and decide you don't like it--you can still sell it with little or no loss. What do you have to lose?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,070
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Oooops, sorry kid, I was trying to be helpful, really. I'm pretty zonked on a NyQuil/DayQuil, vitamin C binge and I'm barely tolerable as human bean (yeah, I know what I mean, toot toot) on my best days. To top it off it's 65 outside, sunny with no wind, the waves are 3 blocks away and as nice as they've been since Saturday and all I can do is sit here and watch Ward stories. I sure don't feel like workin.

    Thing is, surfers is lika herd of cats and cats don't herd. Cats don't like water neither, but every cat can swim real good. When you figure that one out, let me know.
    I want what you're smokin, could use a nice mental break from this J.O.B. about now.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Thing is, surfers is lika herd of cats and cats don't herd. Cats don't like water neither, but every cat can swim real good. When you figure that one out, let me know.
    Classic

    Quote Originally Posted by im way better than you View Post
    ZaGaffer is the biggest piece of trash on this site. Look at every single discussion thread and I guarantee this idiot is on there somewhere trying to act like he is Kelly Slater, gifting all of us with his presence. Bro, you clearly have no life as you post essay length replies to every single thread on the site. You spend more time talking about surfing on a website than you do actually surfing...and you live in San Diego. I also guarantee you surf like Tourmaline everyday and Blacks "is just too scary for you and your longboard" "Dont come on this board and ask"? Who do you think you are man? I also would bet you live on the east side of 5 with all the other high sock, straight brim, low life's riding around on dirt bikes. Kill yourself
    ^I think I see a little girl with her feelings hurt

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    904
    Gaffer went to the moon and all I got was this damn t-shirt. HA HA (sorry Gaff, had to)

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Stayin' Classy in San Diego
    Posts
    1,873
    Quote Originally Posted by im way better than you View Post
    ZaGaffer is the biggest piece of trash on this site. Look at every single discussion thread and I guarantee this idiot is on there somewhere trying to act like he is Kelly Slater, gifting all of us with his presence. Bro, you clearly have no life as you post essay length replies to every single thread on the site. You spend more time talking about surfing on a website than you do actually surfing...and you live in San Diego. I also guarantee you surf like Tourmaline everyday and Blacks "is just too scary for you and your longboard" "Dont come on this board and ask"? Who do you think you are man? I also would bet you live on the east side of 5 with all the other high sock, straight brim, low life's riding around on dirt bikes. Kill yourself
    You got me. I actually live in Wichita, Kansas and have never seen the ocean.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    904
    Way Better, sorry man I kind of have to agree with what Gaff is doing here. He is tryin to save a newbie from getting heckled to death. I mean we do kind of bust some balls on here!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroevol View Post
    Way Better, sorry man I kind of have to agree with what Gaff is doing here. He is tryin to save a newbie from getting heckled to death. I mean we do kind of bust some balls on here!
    Some kids need thicker skin. I like Gaff, and between his long ramblings, there is good knowledge to be found.

  10. #20
    "alot" is two words... a lot... just fyi.
    lol.