LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Maybe he hasn't, doesn't mean he shouldn't. You come out of the womb in a 5/4?
    obviously.

I plan on being out at the jetty around 6:15 and catch it as the dawn breaks ... I have to be at work by 8, so I'll only have like 30-45 minutes to surf :-(

This thread shows you how flat the winter has been (in saying that i mean the last two years in general) that some guy is seriously contemplating paddling out in 42* water w/out booties because he is afraid he may miss a waist high dying windswell.

The past two years if there has been a plethera of swells, I have been missing it left and right due to obligations. This a great stretch of coastline, we have VB and all of the OBX but you have to have time and oppourtunity to get on it, unfrotunately I have neither on a regular basis.
    Captain of my own burden.

But I too will be trying to get on it in the morning before work if the waves get some size on 'em this eveining.

thinking about it... but man the wind is going to be HOWLING off shore. and secondly... call me crazy but it's pretty flat right now and blowing 25+ kts out of the south. You'd drift into the bay if you went surfing this afternoon... but sure I'll see you guys there.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    thinking about it... but man the wind is going to be HOWLING off shore. and secondly... call me crazy but it's pretty flat right now and blowing 25+ kts out of the south. You'd drift into the bay if you went surfing this afternoon... but sure I'll see you guys there.
    Oh yeah, you gotta get out...25-35mph off shore in 40 degree water is still as good as the winter gets.
    Must be the stuff that people that surf those fresh water ponds up north get up for all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    You come out of the womb in a 5/4?
    That was good.

Something tells me that tomorrow morning in the Atlantic I'll have a few moments when I'll wish that I actually had been birthed in a 5/4.
    Last edited by yankee; Jan 30, 2013 at 06:34 PM.

"think im missing booties"...Good luck with that.

How flat this winter has been??? December had 2 back to back incredible swells, one of which may have been the biggest cleanest swells I have ever seen here.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post

Something tells me that tomorrow morning in the Atlantic I'll have a few moments when I'll wish that I actually had been birthed in a 5/4.
    That would make the post-session parking lot change-up so much easier!

I bet there will still be like 100 people at the jetty tomorrow, the last day of january, in howling winds, ~40 degree water, 40 something air, and a short period stomach high wave.