LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Surfed MoCo this morning. Soild overhead (+/-) with occasional biggers bombs. Around 715am, for about an hour or less the winds were perfect with no gusts. 3 guys out at a popular jetty!

People just have different perspectives on wave size. I tend to look at it where you see the white water form. Sometimes the waves looks bigger but if you look at furthest down the whitewater breaks on the wave, that's how I look at the size.

Maybe I have lost all sanity. I was probably comparing it to the doomsday swell which was legit overhead with some bigger waves.

It's all good, liam... you got some waves. Does it really matter how big it was?

Where I surfed today it was overhead at one end of the beach, and chest high at the other. So I believe you...

Well I can say a few waves in the Deal area came in today that where every bit as good as Backdoor solid 2 feet overhead and gaping open barrels too bad the wind was a bit to STIFF! Today was solid!

Images
    Whole mid-atlantic and southern new england is getting slammed w/ huge sets and wild wind.

thirsty.thursday.JPG

I got my fill how about you

Quote Originally Posted by gjp27 View Post
    How can you define this (attached) as anything but overhead?
    "always after me lucky charms (they're magically delicious)..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNEvSOx7j4A
    Last edited by cresto4; Feb 1, 2013 at 03:13 AM. Reason: inspired by the gaff

It sucked for me today because I didn't get a chance to even surf cause of an injury, but I got the chance to check some different spots throughout the day. I can say if really did make a differnce on the spots you choose. It seemed to me lbi was not really working well late mouring/ early afternoon with swell direction and the wind blowing out of the wsw. I checked 3 or 4 differnet spots and on average it was running around shoulder to head some bigger sets. Drove up north and checked a pretty popluar spot that had about 10 or 12 guys out, but it did not really look all that fun. The wind was blowing so hard those dudes were prolly dropping in blind on every wave. People were getting out and were saying the wind was just ridiculus. That spot prolly had 2 foot overhead sets with occ. bigger. The last spot I checked around 330 - 4 was throwing some bombs. Most waves were easy overhead with an occ set every 5 to 10 minutes at close to 2 times over head, but mostly closing out. If my knee was not killing me I would have surfed this spot because a lot of the wind was being blocked and it looked super fun. I surf lbi 90% of the time just because I live close to that area, but mon. cou. definatly had bombs coming through today. Was just one of those days where I got to check other spots for future reference. Sucks I could not surf, but got some info for future swells. I took a couple pictures of the last spot, but it's a crappy old phone, which does not do the waves justice.

Pics kinda suck, but thats the best I could do with a crap phone
    Attached Images Attached Images