LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbugyi View Post
    Really guys???? Am I the only one that got discouraged by 40mph gusts?
    Nah man. I hate blowtorch offshores too. Makes me turn around and go back to work. Hope there's something left for the cold tomorrow. Couple cams up north looked more doable though...

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    ... but it was KEGGIN'...

For me... today's the day the rest of 2013 will be measured against.
    Amen.

https://vimeo.com/58680273

Quote Originally Posted by Bbugyi View Post
    Really guys???? Am I the only one that got discouraged by 40mph gusts?
    Nah, you're not the only one. It wasn't really worth splitting work, but that's a subjective call. You are better off going to work yesterday and then taking your daily wages and putting it into your travel fund than that howling half day surf. But hey, some places better than others, what I have seen sure didn't add up to what's in that video. It sure is Jan and it has been flat for a while. I'm not holding my breath for Feb either.
    Last edited by Tuono; Feb 1, 2013 at 12:03 PM.

Sick video.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7 View Post
    I think that's your best video yet. I wish that guy (you?) made the barrell at 1:11 or so.

That vid gives a good idea of what it was like... after the swell had faded all day. And it was STILL good!

For a couple hours, the buoys hit the magic numbers... 10' @ 10sec. On a south swell, that's money. You could actually tell the difference as the day went on and the period got longer, with fewer makable tubes. But for those few hours it was on. The only fly in the ointment was the eye blistering offshores... got hung up in the lip more than a few times.

Images
    Plenty of shackadoodles yesterday and I didn't do one turn, except bottom turns. A couple of the caves I was in were so open the sides and roof were untouchable (I tried, not even close). F the wind, bigger board, head down, dig your ass off and your in. Twas a good day in my book!

Good vid... I dont even remember what its like to surf in the cold... october 20 was my most recent time in...
    fing sandy...

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Plenty of shackadoodles yesterday and I didn't do one turn, except bottom turns. A couple of the caves I was in were so open the sides and roof were untouchable (I tried, not even close). F the wind, bigger board, head down, dig your ass off and your in. Twas a good day in my book!
    About half way through my session I thought the exact same thing... not one turn, except for bottom turns and kickout turns. The wind would be the only thing, in my mind, that would disqualify the day from "epic" status.

I rode a 6'6 psb... thumbtail thruster.

Looked like a lot of fun. All I got out of yesterday's swell was a bumpy ferry ride.