Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Surfing season has started!!!!!!!!!!!

If it weren't for this low I probably wouldn't leave the house til Tuesday. Loaded up with booze and good food to ride it out.

Quote Originally Posted by NICAfiend View Post
    Loaded up with booze and good food to ride it out.
    LOLz...!!

I assume you are referring to the summer tourist crush? I live in a southern resort town, I just suck it up and make the paycheck that they offer. It is the suffering we endure through the summer that pays the bills in my household (peasant surfer that I am and will be until the dirt nap). Makes the day after labor day the most happy day of the year. It is mostly just hot, flat and crowded anyway. Work and get it over with...Summer sucks.

Images
    Summer blows for the southeast...

if you guys want to feel better about how your town gets in the summer, just watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RfUMBgfhn0&app=desktop

Labor Day can't get here fast enough.

Images
    As much as I hate this season. It is the reason that I can work hard over the next 4.5 months and not have to "work" as in deal with customers for the rest of the year. Its a funny contrast dealing with people who get a week of the beach a year and seeing their excitement while I'm grinning and bearing the whole thing. Just yesterday I was cornered by a customer who wanted to talk about his history on Assateague Island and proceeded to tie it all together with a reunion story about Vietnam. The whole time my face was plastered with a smile while my mind wandered to all the things I had to get done before the day was out. Pure torture