LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

Surfing the Arctic

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/18/travel...html?hpt=hp_t4

Sick waves, sick surfing, unreal landscape.

Images
    Pretty awesome landscape. I imagine it would be a completely different experience, but you could just surf similar waves in 60+ degree water.

Images
    watched that the other day, really cool clip. some amazing views too, would be awesome to be out in that lineup and have that landscape to look at. I think it's ironic though that temperature wise jersey gets just as cold if not colder... (especially with the water temps like this past winter)

Images
    no no no, we dont need this negative press soon iceland will be packed with surfers... i mean wtf yall this is no good.

You know what's cool about that video? He actually shows those dudes paddling out through TOUGH conditions. You rarely see that in any surfing video. It made me remember for a second what it's like paddling out when it's huge.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    no no no, we dont need this negative press soon iceland will be packed with surfers... i mean wtf yall this is no good.
    Lets break his camera before the crowds form.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ glide View Post
    Lets break his camera before the crowds form.
    best comment ive red all day thanks bro for being understanding.. what if that was picks of the b-mar or squan?

dudes have been going there for years and all the sudden it gets popular this year. That extreme photog chris burkhardt went there a few years in a row and exposes it constantly on the IG feed, now its a destination like old school indo.

Very cool...beauty in a different light with regards to surfing.