LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Kids say the darndest things

My daughter just turned two. Swims like a fish, a real water baby. She's a real early riser as well, usually up around 5:30AM or thereabouts. My wife, who is a stay at home Mom, usually goes and gets her while I go about my business. This morning she was calling for “Papa” so I went and grabbed her.

“Did you sleep well?”, I asked her.
    “Yeah”, she replied.

“Did you have good dreams?”
    “Yeah”, she said again.

“What did you dream about?”

I don’t usually get an answer to this question, but this morning I did. She pointed at the board that hangs on her wall and said, “Board!”

“You dreamed about surfing!?”
    “Yeah!”

That’s my girl. Made my day.

Wait till you push her into her first wave. My son loved to stand on my board when he was 2 and 3 years old. I took the fins out and would slide it around on the carpet while he stood on it holding his balance. We did this weekly for 2 years. At 5 I pushed him into his first wave and he rode it all the way to the beach, no kidding like 30 yards! The feeling I had was indescribable!

Dunno what's hanging on the wall, but are you sure she didn't say 'bored'? I think she wants a real challenge - I think she wants a roy stuart...

Nothing like watching the back of a wave fade off toward the beach, with the back of your kid's head and shoulders sliding down the line, knowing he's trimming out on the open face of a wave he'll remember for the rest of his life.

Gaffer... I'm jealous! You've got so many memories to make still ahead.

Images
    Yewwwww!!!

Pushed my 5yr old daughter into some waves last summer. Awesome feeling watching her pop up and ride them all the way to the beach. Wish my Dad had started me out that young.

Xmas this year in Jupiter, my little 11 year old daughter finally asked to try surfing. She caught a bunch that day! Teal water, palm tress and fun little waves, and I still smile every time I think about it.
    IMG_1519.jpg

Another damn goofyfooter, too... Don't you know goofys are evil?

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Another damn goofyfooter, too... Don't you know goofys are evil?
    You take that back!

Yeah man, my two oldest boys surf and I got to push both of them into their first wave. Great feeling. But my youngest of the three boys didn't seem to like the water. More of a bookworm. But last week when I told him I signed him up for tee-ball, he said "I don't want to play tee-ball, I want to surf with you guys.' That made me feel pretty good.