LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Images

East Coast Winter Review

Okay, so it’s been over a decade since I have surfed a whole winter on the east coast… Can you guys give me a grade on a scale of 1-10 (10 being epic) for the overall swell review for this current winter… Its about what I had expected, but I feel over the past month or so, things have slowed down to a screeching halt. In my mind, this winter feels like about a 3… anyone want to shed some light based on the past 10 years or so, where this winter has ranked?

Images
    Pretty slow IMO, 2 significant swell events(that come to mind at the moment), and a couple minor localized windswells...w/ ya on the 3, 4 tops...and I personally missed the doomsday swell.

It's not over yet, February will produce something soon, just hang in there

1 - worst winter in memory
    2 - I've only surfed once this season so far
    3 - flatness punctuated by a few rideable days
    4 - a few good swells
    5 - decent; what you'd expect
    6- several runs of good surf
    7 - definitely better than average
    8 - a really good season
    9 - it's been awesome!
    10 - EPIC

I'd give it about a 3.5 so far.
    Last edited by LBCrew; Feb 5, 2013 at 04:58 PM.

Id give it a 1. I have not surfed since october 20th.... sure the hurricane got in the way during november and december for me... but we've had nothing to go in for where I am.

Images
    doomsday? December 29th? Last week? There have been a couple big days this winter. I thought it's been pretty solid so far. January is always slow anyway so I didn't expect much. That swell last week was a nice surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by 34thStreetSurfing View Post
    doomsday? December 29th? Last week? There have been a couple big days this winter. I thought it's been pretty solid so far. January is always slow anyway so I didn't expect much. That swell last week was a nice surprise.
    Long Island hasnt gotten the same conditions you jersey guys got during those swells...

I'd say around a 4 ... There was the Doomsday swell, then another couple decent wind-swells since then in the chest-to-shoulder range for our area. I've actually been surfing a bit more than I thought I would be for this time of year, so while I'm not completely stoked, I am pleased.

Hopefully this Sunday pans out ... head-high with a 12-second period, and hopefully the wind will cooperate :-)

Images
    I'd give it a 4 so far but it looks like we're about to get 4-5 days of waves later this week that should be fun.

Here in FL i give it a 5.5