Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
Okay, so it’s been over a decade since I have surfed a whole winter on the east coast… Can you guys give me a grade on a scale of 1-10 (10 being epic) for the overall swell review for this current winter… Its about what I had expected, but I feel over the past month or so, things have slowed down to a screeching halt. In my mind, this winter feels like about a 3… anyone want to shed some light based on the past 10 years or so, where this winter has ranked?
This winter has been about average imo. Flat spells are factored into the equation. There have been a few fun runs of windswell and medium period groundswell that provided some fun days. The doomsday combo swell we saw in December was probably the funest day I've ever seen in VB and from what people have said it doesn't have the potential to get any better here, all things considered. If it were 2 feet bigger it probably would have closed out but the combination of windswell and groundswell directions created some A frames that connected all the way to the sand. That, and the fact that the air and water temps kept the crowds out of the water and everyone got a solid wave count regardless of ability. Guess that bumps my score up to a 5.5. That's my .02 and armchair analysis.