LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

GoPro Lost at Seas for Months [RECOVERED]

Ok, so as some of you know I lost my GoPro nearly a half a year ago. So as you would assume I searched the beach for weeks on end hoping to find this camera. The last time I tried to search for it was after Hurricane Sandy. My hopes of finding it were basically at zero after seeing all the tractors moving miles of sand around the Island. Today Surf Shack South sent me a message that put a 180 degree smile on my face. They told me that Andrew Magrini had made some kind of post that had footage of the day I lost this camera and he was looking for the person who lost it. I then message Andrew and found out that he caught it surf fishing in Harvey Cedars which is a 8 mile distance from where I lost it in Beach Haven! That is a 17 minute car ride! This demonstrates how strong the ocean and tides were to move a basically weightless camera 8 miles past jettys and what not in the ocean.It also shows that there are still some great people in the world! I cant thank you enough Andrew Magrini and Surf Shack South

This is awesome. Congratulations.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    wwwwwwwwwillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllly!

glad to hear you got it back bud

Images
    whats up abby! crazy igot it back right?
    Quote Originally Posted by pvjumper05 View Post
    wwwwwwwwwillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllly!

glad to hear you got it back bud

Images
    Dude that's sick. Does it still work 100%? If so, then that's a pretty awesome testament to the quality of GoPros.

Images
    the plastic outter skeleton case was scratched and what not but the inner camera was untouched.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    Dude that's sick. Does it still work 100%? If so, then that's a pretty awesome testament to the quality of GoPros.

You know how many fins I've lost over the years? Never got a single one back. EV-ER. That's amazing...

Crazy...how cool would that be, reeling in your line and catching a GoPro. Glad someone with character caught it and you got it back!

So how long was it in the water for? did he just find it recently?