LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winds

anyone here live in MA or NH thats going out on saturday, because the forecast is showing 10-15 ft with 35 mph sideshore winds. Its going to be crazy saturday, too bad i cant make it out but i will be going out sunday to Long Beach with clean stomach - shoulder high waves.

You guys are amazing! I won't go out over 25 mph-- too chicken!

3. with all the snow comin good luck gettin to the beach

Images
    i'd rather have a long-period ground swell with 0-5 mph east winds than an OH wind swell with howling offshores.

Quote Originally Posted by gnarlytubage View Post
    with all the snow comin good luck gettin to the beach
    That's true. I'm thankful it's a quick walk for me when we get heavy snow. Just you and one friend standing in barrels with not a soul around. These huge barrels and a serene quietness makes it an amazing experience.

I just ate chili... might be some winds

They storm is supposed to be around till Sat afternoon, so it is going to be a little bit of a challenge to get to the beach around here unless you live on Fire Island. Hopefully a nice session late Saturday and then hit it again Sunday. As mentioned before, where the waves are breaking and how far out is also an issue...wish Robert Moses was open

You won't know, if you don't go

I'll be out Saturday afternoon for sure, even if just to see if all those places I dreamed could someday break on a crazy well are breaking. Time to dig deep into the spot vault!