Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Surfboards

If you find some kids, just give them the board yourself.... If you surf, you know kids that could use a new board.

Quote Originally Posted by GA longboarder View Post
    I don't know what the issue is about a fellow Christian wishing to provide young people who might not be able to afford a surfboard the opportunity to try surfing and at the same time, perhaps lead them to know Christ.
    This organization is welcome to drop by the Brunswick/Jekyll Island area anytime. I'm sure I'll be able to find some kids wanting to surf and learn more about their salvation.

Thanks for the thought nynj. I lend several of my boards out on a regular basis. I gave one of my boards to a kid just last year. In the past few years, people who have borrowed my boards have then gone on to purchase their own board from some of our local No. Fla/ So. Ga shapers. To me that's what its all about.
    Have a great day and lets all catch some waves.

Images
    Most of the people I've met who need to let everyone know they're "christians" or that their cause is "christian" have turned out to be downright nasty-ass egomaniacs. When I see or hear "christian" I turn the other way, regardless of the "cause".

Quote Originally Posted by Juliaep View Post
    Most of the people I've met who need to let everyone know they're "christians" or that their cause is "christian" have turned out to be downright nasty-ass egomaniacs. When I see or hear "christian" I turn the other way, regardless of the "cause".
    No ego here. I take no credit. All the glory goes to him. To be honest with you, without HIM we would not be here to talk about this.I am here to spread the TRUTH about Jesus. Genesis 1:1" In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." This is earth correct? Without water on this earth there would be no waves,therefore no surfing and no surf forum. In all without God we are nothing.

I feel the same as you.. But I do think people can leave it alone and not "I"ll pass." But when he keeps coming back wit his "impacting the coast for Jesus" suff it gets annoying. It's kind of like he's looking for a reaction.
    Like I've said before, I gi e all my old boarsd away. I just don't need to talk about Jesus when I do.
    And Jesus DID impact the coast. He sent his homegirl Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    Its pretty typical - i'm not surprised he's getting the reaction he is. The guy claims to be doing something righteous, spreading the word he strongly believes in and traveling around costs money so donations are welcome. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. People who want no part in it (myself included) can't just leave it alone and say "thats not for me, I'll pass" they have to try and take him down by winning some sort of argument.

If it is spam, which it doesn't seem to be, then karma will get 'em. I don't appreciate it when anything, be it religion, ideology, or whatever, is forced upon someone. I genuinely don't think that's the case...well at least I hope not. But why do we need a third-party to do the deed? Why in the name of Jesus? How about you do it because it's a good thing to do? Save the donation, make some local kid beyond stoked, make yourself feel like a million bucks, and teach a valuable lesson.

I didn't need Jesus to tell me this:
    1859_430626770358365_1034673383_n.jpg
    Last edited by bok; Mar 7, 2013 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bok View Post
    If it is spam, which it doesn't seem to be, then karma will get 'em. I don't appreciate it when anything, be it religion, ideology, or whatever, is forced upon someone. I genuinely don't think that's the case...well at least I hope not. But why do we need a third-party to do the deed? Why in the name of Jesus? How about you do it because it's a good thing to do? Save the donation, make some local kid beyond stoked, make yourself feel like a million bucks, and teach a valuable lesson.

I didn't need Jesus to tell me this:
    1859_430626770358365_1034673383_n.jpg
    That's Charlton Heston.

And this is Yul Brynner, steady pimpin.

Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    No ego here. I take no credit. All the glory goes to him. To be honest with you, without HIM we would not be here to talk about this.I am here to spread the TRUTH about Jesus. Genesis 1:1" In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." This is earth correct? Without water on this earth there would be no waves,therefore no surfing and no surf forum. In all without God we are nothing.
    Spouted as he gropes the ass of the boy/girl he just gave a board to.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Spouted as he gropes the ass of the boy/girl he just gave a board to.
    Maybe he wants to be the new Pope

Quote Originally Posted by liveones View Post
    Maybe he wants to be the new Pope
    Good one.....