LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Surfboards

Go back in your nutshell... most people in the world believe anything, that is why they murder others who don't believe what they believe (see holy wars). Even those who you say 'don't believe in anything' actually do believe in something... you just don't think their beliefs are valid.

Quote Originally Posted by highvelocity View Post
    wWell done zaGaffer.

Guys lets sum this up in a nut shell. Most people in this world dont believe in anything, that is why people murder steal dont go to work take more than they give dont take care of there own health house car block beach and even kids.

Images
    The Jesus people are all better than us, that's why they feel they can spew their crap to everyone else. They're special.............. In other words, self-righteous, egomaniacal nasty assholes who are dishonest to themselves and everyone else. "Go back in your nutshells" is probably the best advice I've read all day.

Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    The man doth protest too much, me thinks.
    The boy doth post too much, me knows.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieMonster View Post
    Go back in your nutshell... most people in the world believe anything, that is why they murder others who don't believe what they believe (see holy wars). Even those who you say 'don't believe in anything' actually do believe in something... you just don't think their beliefs are valid.
    ^this is the truth. There are millions of people throughout history who were slaughtered because of their beliefs, wars because of beliefs, because one asshole said, "well, if he don't believe it, then he deserves to die"...well, that's malarchy.

On the same coin, we live in a country where we have religious freedom, so if you believe in Jesus or Buddha, you don't have to worry about the other side going to war with you, and yet the catholic percentages continue to dwindle. Maybe it's because all the pedophiles that left a bad taste, or maybe it's that we are so self centered now that we don't need a God

I was raised Catholic, don't go to church much...but i will say, the Christian religion teaches morality...these thieves and murderers wouldn't be out stealing your **** and killing your family if they had some decent morals.
    I would hate to take the chance going through life not believing in a higher power and praising him, only to find out when you die, you are sent to a place of anguish and unrest for eternity....why risk it?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what Wayne is doing. I think we can all agree that Jesus is common knowledge and if he wants to try to help kids find a relationship with Jesus and provide him with a surfboard, then fine. Good on you for doing something nice for others. I understand people not agreeing and feeling that it's pushing an agenda, but I'm guessing it's better than handing out free heroin.

One of the great things about this forum is that it's pretty core. The people who post on it are devoted to surfing and whether they've only been surfing a liitle or for decades, the posts rarely stray from that or other ocean minded activities. Unlike other forums, it's very rare that someone posts about politics, religion or G-d forbid, basketball. When they do, it inevitably causes strife and discord amongst what some would call a "community." That's too bad, cause usually this is a pretty chill place and keeping it surf oriented provides a lot of help to both new and veteran surfers.

Wayne, it's great that your faith drives your actions, but look at what posting about it does to this board. Instead of inspiration, it causes conflict. Why do you persist in sowing the seeds of conflict in what is an otherwise happy place? Do you ever expect to receive a different reaction? If not, then that strikes me as anathema to Jesus's requests to "tend my flock" and "feed my lambs".

You once claimed that every time you post here you are attacked, that is not true. When you post solely about surfing, your posts are given the same accord as anyone else's. When you post about a religion that not everyone shares, you sow discord. I wonder, are these the acts of a bringer of peace? Is it Christ that compels you to inspire arguments in his name? Is it an act still worthy if it causes harm?

I have attended many congregations, both Jew and gentile, I am neither. I have seen Shinto and Bhuddist shrines Hindu festivals, stood at the alters of the Maya, at the foot of the pyramids of Giza and the summit of the pyramid of the Sun. I have attended Wiccan rights (hey, she was a lotta fun) and Quaker meetings. I have gazed upon the ceiling of the Sistine chapel and the ruins of the Parthenon. I have been to Nan Madal and wondered at what eldritch things could give rise to that black fortress. I have sat and read in Christian Science reading rooms. I have yet to be audited by the Scientologists.

And, not one of those things inspired me or affected me as much as the first time I caught a wave or my first barrel or my first paddle out at the North Shore.

I'm a surfer, like those who came before me and hewed the path that I now tread. I will pass this on to those who follow.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Mar 30, 2013 at 03:54 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    One of the great things about this forum is that it's pretty core. The people who post on it are devoted to surfing and whether they've only been surfing a liitle or for decades, the posts rarely stray from that or other ocean minded activities. Unlike other forums, it's very rare that someone posts about politics, religion or G-d forbid, basketball. When they do, it inevitably causes strife and discord amongst what some would call a "community." That's too bad, cause usually this is a pretty chill place and keeping it surf oriented provides a lot of help to both new and veteran surfers.

Wayne, it's great that your faith drives your actions, but look at what posting about it does to this board. Instead of inspiration, it causes conflict. Why do you persist in sowing the seeds of conflict in what is an otherwise happy place? Do you ever expect to receive a different reaction? If not, then that strikes me as anathema to Jesus's requests to "tend my flock" and "feed my lambs".

You once claimed that every time you post here you are attacked, that is not true. When you post solely about surfing, your posts are given the same accord as anyone else's. When you post about a religion that not everyone shares, you sow discord. I wonder, are these the acts of a bringer of peace? Is it Christ that compels you to inspire arguments in his name? Is it an act still worthy if it causes harm?

I have attended many congregations, both Jew and gentile, I am neither. I have seen Shinto and Bhuddist shrines Hindu festivals, stood at the alters of the Maya, at the foot of the pyramids of Giza and the summit of the pyramid of the Sun. I have attended Wiccan rights (hey, she was a lotta fun) and Quaker meetings. I have gazed upon the ceiling of the Sistine chapel and the ruins of the Parthenon. I have been to Nan Madal and wondered at what eldritch things could give rise to that black fortress. I have sat and read in Christian Science reading rooms. I have yet to be audited by the Scientologists.

And, not one of those things inspired me or affected me as much as the first time I caught a wave or my first barrel or my first paddle out at the North Shore.

I'm a surfer, like those who came before me and hewed the path that I now tread. I will pass this on to those who follow.
    ^what he said^ (especially the part about the wiccan - was your's a redhead too, btw? - but not the part about the North Shore...otherwise, +1000)

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlight View Post
    Stop by Greenlight on your way through NJ. We'll donate a few boards to get underprivileged kids surfing. Glad to help out.
    Just make sure to teach them surfing etiquette. Don't drop in and be cool!

~Brian
    www.greenlightsurfsupply.com
    Shape Your Surfing Experience
    Brian will be sure to contact you as time gets closer . Will contact you via telephone or email in June. Should be there late June or early July.

To everyone else have a Happy Resurrection Day (Easter). Just remember without Jesus this day does not exist.

Impacting the coast for Jesus

Wayne

Images
    Can I hear an "Amen?"

My favorite movie on easter:

'Harvey'

(The original 1950 film with Jimmy Stewart.)

I wonder if Jesus surfed, considering that he could walk on water. It would be sweet not to have to duck dive any more. Just pick up the board and walk on out there. I guess he wouldn't need the board though.