LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Surfboards

Holy crap, who's got some water? I need a drink and miracles are cheap, screw wine who want's a Jack & Coke? Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. YEEEHAEYAWEH, it will get you lit! I hate this weekend, family gatherings are such a pain and my Dad always gets on my case. Man, I'm sore, you think surfin all day is harsh, try getting scourged. I need to get "anointed" and spend some time with that most beloved of disciples, Mary Magdalene, ; ) if you know what I mean. Dudes, I'm goin to Indo, those people know how to treat a Messiach. Like Utah, except with good surf. Just FYI, the Mormons have the real story. I was chillin with the Sioux and surfing Cali back when Europe was in the Dark Ages. Lowers with no crowds, those were the days.

Hey Yankee, I love that movie! Jimmy Stewart asking, "just what'djya have in mind?" is classic. Harvey's one of best buds. Can't surf, but drinks me under the table.

regarding your last 3 sonfollower posts...

Just a thought...when you start turning more people off to Christianity (ie those forum posts) maybe its time to pack it in, tone it down, or try another tact...are you spreading the word? Sure. Are you doing it effectively? Not here. I venture to say you are doing more harm than good with a lot of the posts. It is clearly evident that most people here aren't ready to hear what you have to say or don't want to. Fine. You made the effort to "go and spread the word" but now all you are doing is being getting on folks nerves and being counterproductive. I admire your quest to get kids stoked with boards and show compassion...good for you. Hope you get some donation boards from it. Swellinfo can be a tool to exchange information and even meet surfers for a sesh...however you seem to be failing overall with both...time to re evaluate your strategy....stick to the advertisement and contact info
    Last edited by Stranded in Smithfield; Apr 1, 2013 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranded in Smithfield View Post
    regarding your last 3 sonfollower posts...

Just a thought...when you start turning more people off to Christianity (ie those forum posts) maybe its time to pack it in, tone it down, or try another tact...are you spreading the word? Sure. Are you doing it effectively? Not here. I venture to say you are doing more harm than good with a lot of the posts. It is clearly evident that most people here aren't ready to hear what you have to say or don't want to. Fine. You made the effort to "go and spread the word" but now all you are doing is being getting on folks nerves and being counterproductive. I admire your quest to get kids stoked with boards and show compassion...good for you. Hope you get some donation boards from it. Swellinfo can be a tool to exchange information and even meet surfers for a sesh...however you seem to be failing overall with both...time to re evaluate your strategy....stick to the advertisement and contact info
    Stranded in Smithfield,

As an outreach we collect donated surfboards and give them to anybody that needs one. That is why we are on this surf forum. As for the Jesus part. I will say this, Jesus has changed my life for the better. He has taken me from a place of no hope, to a life of change for the better. He has given me a life of abundance and nothing to worry about. God is good all the time, I just want all of you to experience the freedom of what it is to follow Jesus. Some of you guys say some pretty off the wall things. It really does not bother me. I am truly just doing what the Bible tells me to do. If any of you would really want to hear my story contact me and I will tell you TRUTH. To me this is not a game it is a mission. As for the ? by Smithfield no it is not time to reevaluate strategy (Gods Plan).

Impacting the coast for Jesus

Wayne

[QUOTE=sonfollowerssurf;160257]Stranded in Smithfield,
    God is good all the time, I just want all of you to experience the freedom of what it is to follow Jesus. Some of you guys say some pretty off the wall things. It really does not bother me. I am truly just doing what the Bible tells me to do. As for the ? by Smithfield no it is not time to reevaluate strategy (Gods Plan).
    /QUOTE]

See, therein lies the problem. People like you act as you do because the Bible tells you what to do, according to you. That sentiment, or belief, has been behind so, so many sick, twisted events throughout humanity. Massive globally-encompassing events, not just a couple of sick, twisted individuals on the roam. Pick a few: the Inquisition; the Church's support of Nazi theocracies during WWII; the Church's institutionalized sexual abuse of children going back hundreds of years.

"God is good all the time?" WTF? That's insane. That's just self-righteous, rationalizing behavior on your part to 'explain' the inexplicable, to 'explain' the horrors of humanity, to 'explain' the stuff that few of us can wrap our minds around, one being our own mortality.

You say people on this board say off the wall things. No, they don't. They just disagree with you. And you find that to be an affront to your beliefs, aka, jesus. No, it's not. People are allowed to disagree with you. This is a surf forum. Not a religious forum. You come on here, you use your "free surfboards" BS as a smokescreen so you can keep pumping the jesus christ thing at us. That's what's offensive. You can't get the kiddies to listen to your proselytizing unless you offer material goods (surfboards) as enticements. You label us as "off the wall" because we repeatedly express our disdain for your proselytizing approach.

You're just a spammer. All people who flog their beliefs as the way & the truth are spammers. It's verbal diarrhea being spewed by a guy (you) who just doesn't get the big picture, nor the historical picture of humanity.

Again, believe what you want to believe. The easter bunny, the yeti, the new jersey swamp monster, the njshredmachine, bigfoot, jesus, mohammed, peter, paul or mary. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. Just keep it to yourself.
    Last edited by yankee; Apr 2, 2013 at 04:33 AM.

As an outreach we collect donated surfboards and give them to anybody that needs one... I am truly just doing what the Bible tells me to do. If any of you would really want to hear my story contact me... end
    ^ See that was easy...I edited out your "sermon on the forum" (the part that turns people off) and left you with effective strategy to get promote your idea (which again is good)...leave out everything else.

one more thing...
    It really does not bother me
    ...well it should because recognition of this would mean you realize the ineffectiveness of your current marketing...if people can't stand you because you come off as proselytizing weirdo you are going to have a hard time impacting the coast for anything...no need to respond ...just think about that for a second
    Last edited by Stranded in Smithfield; Apr 2, 2013 at 05:04 AM.

Images
    wayne, the jesus troll

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    wayne, the jesus troll
    That was good...

I started watching The Bible the other night.... I ended up changing the channel and watched Rookie of The Year. You know the move about the 12 year old kid that breaks his arm and suddenly can throw a baseball 100 MPH so he plays for the Cubs.
    I found it way more believable than The Bible.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    I started watching The Bible the other night.... I ended up changing the channel and watched Rookie of The Year. You know the move about the 12 year old kid that breaks his arm and suddenly can throw a baseball 100 MPH so he plays for the Cubs.
    I found it way more believable than The Bible.
    The scary thing is I've heard people reference that show(History channel special?) and since it's on the Hist channel they're taking it at face value, like there's some new groundbreaking evidence that it's all true or something. The History channel used to be cool(how the earth was made, other cool shows), now it just rapes the truth and apparently ppl who watch it equate a week's worth of watching it to a four year history degree.

Impacting the Coast for the Coast

why the rev. gotta drive a nice car? dont ask
    and..
    why the rev. gotta live in a big house? dont ask!

Just giveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee