LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Surfboards

Quote Originally Posted by Stranded in Smithfield View Post
    ^ See that was easy...I edited out your "sermon on the forum" (the part that turns people off) and left you with effective strategy to get promote your idea (which again is good)...leave out everything else.
    Thats one way to look at marketing. Another way to look at it, is with his "sermon on the forum" and all of the related backlash, this thread has been viewed 10,000 times and has stayed on the front page for two months. My guess is:

"hey I'm giving away donated surfboards, in keeping with my beliefs, contact me if interested"

would have been buried 20 pages back six weeks ago and viewed by a tiny fraction.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    Thats one way to look at marketing. Another way to look at it, is with his "sermon on the forum" and all of the related backlash, this thread has been viewed 10,000 times and has stayed on the front page for two months. My guess is:

"hey I'm giving away donated surfboards, in keeping with my beliefs, contact me if interested"

would have been buried 20 pages back six weeks ago and viewed by a tiny fraction.
    Look at it like this though. Would you rather have 10,000 negative views, or 1,000 positive ones?

Images
    Annoying threads are like boners, if you don't touch them they go away.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    The scary thing is I've heard people reference that show(History channel special?) and since it's on the Hist channel they're taking it at face value, like there's some new groundbreaking evidence that it's all true or something. The History channel used to be cool(how the earth was made, other cool shows), now it just rapes the truth and apparently ppl who watch it equate a week's worth of watching it to a four year history degree.

Impacting the Coast for the Coast
    That was good.... whip it real good ....

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Look at it like this though. Would you rather have 10,000 negative views, or 1,000 positive ones?
    Like I said........ About the surfboards I would like to thank ALL who contacted us. We will coordinate as we head north via PM. As for the views and clogging up the forum, I do not have an answer for that. Who has all the answers? You know what I think.....

Impacting the coast for Jesus

Wayne
    Last edited by sonfollowerssurf; Apr 3, 2013 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    Like I said........ About the surfboards I would like to thank ALL who contacted us. We will coordinate as we head north via PM. As for the views and clogging up the forum, I do not have an answer for that. Who has all the answers? You know what I think.....

Wayne
    Word. I'm thinking the same thing, Ken Jennings.

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    I started watching The Bible the other night.... I ended up changing the channel and watched Rookie of The Year. You know the move about the 12 year old kid that breaks his arm and suddenly can throw a baseball 100 MPH so he plays for the Cubs.
    I found it way more believable than The Bible.
    +1..........That was good....

It would be fitting to close on a quote or an observation from Hanna. No, not kidding.

Pithy with a sense of humor & pragmatism just rocks. FOH - - fan of hanna

Why so much static for this dude?He's trying to do something positive that incorporates his beliefs. Never understood if you don't like a thread why keep commenting on it and giving it another bump.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    Why so much static for this dude?He's trying to do something positive that incorporates his beliefs. Never understood if you don't like a thread why keep commenting on it and giving it another bump.
    Well said.