LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 321

Thread: Free Surfboards

  1. #201
    quit being a prick, i highly doubt they will hold services while teaching people to surf and giving free boards away. people like u always have something negative to say even when people are doing good for their community or maybe even yours. ur a dumbass dude, keep ur negativity on the eastcoast, id probably be an asshole to if i never got ant good surf so i cant really blame u

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,487
    Who's being a prick? I stated an opinion, just as many others have, you're entitled yours as well. Nothing negative about what I said, it's just the truth. Some don't like hearing the truth, some find it hurtful, which at times it may sting, but doesn't change the fact that it's true.

    Look you are obviously naive if you think he isn't trying to teach them the word of God and "save" these kids. I've been on the receiving end of this EXACT tactic before, when I was 18, I got caught up in a very similar situation when I responded to an advertisement for a FREE set of golf clubs. Turns out the couple was trying to push their book that they had written recently and wouldn't let me have the golf clubs until I "heard their story".

    Do you know what it's like to be kept hostage in an elderly couples home while they try to find out if you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ? Even after I told them that I did have a personal relationship and was good to go, they just kept at it for another 20-30 minutes until finally I said I didn't mean to be rude, but I just came for the free golf clubs. So don't go talking about things you know nothing about, because you just sound naive and ignorant to what is really going on here and in the world.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    4,958
    Images
    6
    You know you're in throuble when you hear-"how is your relationship w/ Jesus Christ?". Run. Run far and run fast.

    IMPACTING THE COAST FOR THE COAST

  4. #204
    I've lurked these forums for years and I just had to make an account to comment on this thread.

    Seriously dudes, wtf? Do you even surf bro? Why all the hate for this man? If you knew somebody's house was on fire wouldn't you feel responsible for notifying them about it? Maybe not dragging them out but at least a heads up so that they had more of an opportunity to decide whether or not to stick around it maybe find a window to climb out? That's what soncoast is doing, he's sharing his beliefs and spreading the love of Christ. "Whoaaa new dude just said love of Christ, must be a nut job." I've spent years chasing every high imaginable, looking for truth in wise people and meditations and psychedelics and books written by people smarter than me and the only truth I've found has been the Bible. Read it before you hate. Just a little bit, don't read the whole thing, just read a few chapters in proverbs and learn about wisdom, and read Matthew 5 and listen to Jesus talk. Or don't and continue to make semi-irrational arguments based on hearsay, catholic church policies from 500 years ago and ****bag televangelists.

    Still don't understand all the hate towards this guy. He doesn't seem to be seeking attention or any free stuff for himself. I think if you were a money grabbing scammer there would be better avenues than collecting beat surfboards. He's not locking kids in a room and making them memorize doctrine before taking them to the beach or trying to score 'conversion pledges' in exchange for surf equipment. Sounds like he is just going to kids who probably don't have great home lives or a lot of positive role models and telling them, "hey we love God and we love surfing, God loves you and we do too." Which is a pretty awesome message to spread to the youth of America. Beats anything MTV or Cartoon Network or lil Wayne is telling them.

    Final point, for the gb-pulling mom's baseman crowd- "Ermaaaagerrrrrd a white van! A white van! White van white van white van!" Calling somebody a pederast is some pretty heavy **** man. Is it possible that maybe this dude just likes kids in a totally non perverted way? Maybe gets all the action he needs at home and hangs out with young people because he enjoys being a positive impact and not cuz he wants to pee on their jellyfish stings? A normal, healthy, emotionally adjuster adult male will have relationships with people his own age, as well as with children and elderly people. Maybe skip a few episodes of family guy and go form some of those relationships so next you hear of a grown man befriending children the first thought in your mind is "cool" instead of "bet he's tryin to hit that."

    Sorry for the negativity, it just bums me out seeing groupthink and Internet bravery take over a thread and lead to a nice dude get called a kidtoucher.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    4,958
    Images
    6
    Read the Bible. More than once. Also studied the historical period in which the Bible was written, which was not my area of focus, but extensively enough. Personally, got waaaay more from psychedelics(since you mentioned them) than the Bible could ever provide. Love the name steamboatwillie. Off topic but relevant thought I'd share(not as eloquent as Lord Byron Gaff, but I love the message):

    "How strange and wonderful is our home, our earth,
    With its swirling vaporous atmosphere
    Its flowing and frozen climbing creatures,
    The croaking things with wings that hang on rocks
    And soar through fog, the furry grass, the scaly seas. . .
    How utterly rich and wild. . .
    Yet some among us have the nerve,
    The insolence, the brass, the gall to whine
    About the limitations of our earthbound fate
    And yearn for some more perfect world beyond the sky.
    We are none of us good enough
    For the world we have."
    -Edward Abbey

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,487
    Yeah, read the bible cover to cover, not once did I see Jesus suggest we lure kids in with toys i.e. surfboards so that they'll listen to me and give me to opportunity to "spread the gospel". A good Christian will just live his life the way Jesus intended it to be lived, by being an example, others will WANT to follow. When someone sees how you live and want to know what your "secret" to happiness is, THEN you can share with them what you've learned.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Impacting the Coast for Jesus
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Yeah, read the bible cover to cover, not once did I see Jesus suggest we lure kids in with toys i.e. surfboards so that they'll listen to me and give me to opportunity to "spread the gospel". A good Christian will just live his life the way Jesus intended it to be lived, by being an example, others will WANT to follow. When someone sees how you live and want to know what your "secret" to happiness is, THEN you can share with them what you've learned.
    What steamboatwillie was saying is read the bible. Here is a snippet of chapter 5 Matthew.

    Matthew 5:11" Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,487
    Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    What steamboatwillie was saying is read the bible. Here is a snippet of chapter 5 Matthew.

    Matthew 5:11" Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."
    Apparently you don't read / comprehend very well because I stated more than once that I have read the Bible cover to cover, which explains why you and so many others misinterpret what is written in the "good book". Nothing I read has anything to do with what you are doing. You sir make a bad name for Christians and are why so many people "persecute" you, keep reveling in negative attention you draw to yourself, I mean, it's just so Godly isn't it?

    I bet you force feed all 7 of your kids this stuff every day like nearly every evangelistic person out there. I have friends that I grew up with that had parents that force fed them the same things, and they turned out a MESS and now they are hardly productive members of society. They went to Church every Sunday morning / evening, Wednesday nights, and on every holiday, but yet none of it had a positive effect on them in the long run.

    They were taught all this since the day they were born, and the minute they got out on their own they wanted nothing to do with it and went bonkers. Why? Because by time they were 18 they saw enough examples of hypocrisy that they couldn't force themselves to follow it anymore. It's not to say they don't believe in God, because I believe they do, but they don't believe in organized religion or pushing their beliefs on others like all other zealous evangelists do. In other words, they want to be nothing like their parents who forced it on them when they were kids.

    Just do yourself and everybody's kids a favor and just give them surfboards and leave it at that. If they or their parents want to know what you know, THEY'LL ASK!? If it were my kid you were attempting to indoctrinate with your beliefs I'd be the 1st to put you in your place as it's not your place to mess with another man's / women's child that way. And i'm not talking in the pervert sense, i'm just simply talking about your attempts to mold their mind to believe what you believe.
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Sep 9, 2013 at 06:41 PM.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Impacting the Coast for Jesus
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Apparently you don't read / comprehend very well because I stated more than once that I have read the Bible cover to cover, which explains why you and so many others misinterpret what is written in the "good book". Nothing I read has anything to do with what you are doing. You sir make a bad name for Christians and are why so many people "persecute" you, keep reveling in negative attention you draw to yourself, I mean, it's just so Godly isn't it?

    I bet you force feed all 7 of your kids this stuff every day like nearly every evangelistic person out there. I have friends that I grew up with that had parents that force fed them the same things, and they turned out a MESS and now they are hardly productive members of society. They went to Church every Sunday morning / evening, Wednesday nights, and on every holiday, but yet none of it had a positive effect on them in the long run.

    They were taught all this since the day they were born, and the minute they got out on their own they wanted nothing to do with it and went bonkers. Why? Because by time they were 18 they saw enough examples of hypocrisy that they couldn't force themselves to follow it anymore. It's not to say they don't believe in God, because I believe they do, but they don't believe in organized religion or pushing their beliefs on others as all other zealous evangelists do. In other words, they want to be nothing like their parents who forced it on them when they were kids.

    Just do yourself and everybody's kids a favor and just give them surfboards and leave it at that. If they or their parents want to know what you know, THEY'LL ASK!? If it were my kid you were attempting to indoctrinate with your beliefs I'd be the 1st to put you in your place as it's not your place to mess with another man's / women's child that way. And i'm not talking in the pervert sense, i'm just simply talking about your attempts to mold their mind to believe what you believe.
    Your replies are way too long. I really do not read the whole thing. I do see you are from central Fla. Wow me too. I would like to say this. When you are over here on the east coast, the side where the sun rises stop by our homebreak which is 16th street Cocoa Beach. There are about 20 parking spots there, they fill up fast. Ask for Wayne, everybody knows me and the family. We dress like you, look like you, breath like you.
    If you surf, we may even surf like you.
    Last edited by sonfollowerssurf; Sep 9, 2013 at 06:54 PM.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,487
    Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    Your replies are way too long. I really do not read the whole thing. I do see you are from central Fla. Wow me too. I would like to say this. When you are over here on the east coast, the side where the sun rises stop by our homebreak which is 16th street Cocoa Beach. There are about 20 parking spots there, they fill up fast. Ask for Wayne, everybody knows me and the family. We dress like you, look like you, breath like you.
    Wayne I drive by you almost every single weekend and every single time I keep on driving to the better break down the road from you. Let's be clear Wayne, you are NOTHING like me, you don't dress like me, you don't look like me, you do nothing the way I do, let's just get that straight. And it's not my fault that reading is a disability of yours. Funny how when anybody makes a valid point on here nobody knows how to read suddenly. You spent countless hours reading the Bible, but don't have the time to read what another sinner has to say when it opposes your view? How convenient.

    I bet you read Steamboatwillie's reply word for word though, hmmm.