LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Surfboards

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post

When things are bad, where is he? ie. I didn't hear Ray say God was the reason thse 2 people god murdered at the strip club.
    Hehe...God musta been on the jury.

these are not free surfboards. there's no such thing as a free lunch. the op is using deception with the title of the thread to get us to click on, and deception of the guise of free surfboards to get people to listen to the Gospel. ain't Christian! sonfollower needs to repent of his hypocrisy. this is a surf forum. I believe in Jesus Christ, but I surf for fun, and I go on swellinfo for surf-related topics. I think the best thing Christians can do to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ is just shut up and let the Holy Spirit work. You force it, you break it. If Christ is in you,then others should be drawn to Him through how you love others. Love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    these are not free surfboards. there's no such thing as a free lunch. the op is using deception with the title of the thread to get us to click on, and deception of the guise of free surfboards to get people to listen to the Gospel. ain't Christian! sonfollower needs to repent of his hypocrisy. this is a surf forum. I believe in Jesus Christ, but I surf for fun, and I go on swellinfo for surf-related topics. I think the best thing Christians can do to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ is just shut up and let the Holy Spirit work. You force it, you break it. If Christ is in you,then others should be drawn to Him through how you love others. Love one another.
    Well said. Got a story that I’d like to share...

About 10 years ago I responded to an ad that was offering "free" golf clubs. Being someone who wasn't great at golf but wanted to have some clubs for the occasional game with a buddy I decided it wouldn't be a bad idea to pick some beater clubs up. Well, this too turned out to be the ole "bait and switch" tactic.

When I got to the house I was greeted by an elderly couple who basically wouldn't let me have the golf clubs until I listened to what they had to say about Christ. They started with "Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ". I said "well as a matter of fact I do, but I just came for the free golf clubs." The wife then proceeded to stall and "find" the golf clubs while the husband handed me a couple of their Christian books that they themselves had recently published. I thanked them for the offer on the books but said no thanks, they insisted I take the books, "no charge" and to read them and pass them along if I could. To stop the two from carrying on and on I said "sure no problem" and thanked them for the clubs.

Their whole goal was to get these books in my hands, and they used "free golf clubs" as a lure. It somewhat worked, as I was wanting the clubs so much that I put up with the uncomfortable interaction of which I wanted nothing to do with and took the books. So at the end of the day I got my clubs I came for and went about my business. The fact that I told them I already had a relationship with Jesus and the fact that they still kept pushing it on me is what stuck out in my mind. Almost like they didn't believe I was "saved". So now when I see things like this (free surfboards), it brings me way back to that day and how caught off guard I was by the whole thing.

Moral of the story, this is not a new tactic, it’s been done before and it's deceptive. If you want to spread the gospel, do so in a way that isn't deceiving, misleading, or catching anybody off guard. I also don't believe it's a good idea to be messing with someone else’s kid like that. If I wanted my child to know about Christ and to have a relationship with him, then I the parent would teach him / her that myself. I don't need some random guy handing out pop sickles teaching MY kid the lessons I should be teaching them myself. It's not your place to educate MY child, it's my place. End of story.
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Mar 8, 2013 at 05:57 PM.

Images
    I like it that "sonfollowersurf" says he speaks the TRUTH but starts his thread off with a deceptive subject line. How "christian" is that!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    sonfollowersurf is simply being obedient to the scriptures more specifically, the great commission.

Matthew 28: 16-20
    Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

nynj: We are not talking religion. It's more like spirituality. How could you place Jesus in the same category as all those dead people and make believe character? Christ is alive and He doesn't look like He did while He walked the earth.

John speaking in Revelation:

I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and among the lampstands was someone “like a son of man,” dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades

Sorry to post all the verses but the Word of God is the only thing that will penetrate most of your hearts.
    Ohhh yes! I forgot... the seven golden lampshades.....duh. It all makes sense now!

Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    It is amazing what Jesus and a free surfboard offer has turned into on this forum. With all the positive comments thanks, hope you PM me I would like to meet you. As for the negative no problem , a little graphic , just kept it from the kids. If the negative turns positive feel free to contact us. We would love to meet with you. As for the impacting the coast comment , impacts are being made in the name of Jesus.
    Listen guys and this may explain it better 2 Corinthians 4:1-2 "Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone's conscience in the sight of God."

Free surfboards was the topic. So thankful we get the opportunity to talk about Jesus. And you all have an opportunity to accept HIM as your savior.
    Last edited by sonfollowerssurf; Mar 8, 2013 at 08:45 PM.

Images
    ^ Accept, not except. Enough with the bible quotes.

if He is God, as I believe, then He doesn't need you to impact anything for Him, and He doesn't want you to give 'free' surfboards in His name. He wants you to love others, and stop posting on this thread for Him. If He is God He can do anything, so therefore he doesn't need you, especially for what you've done here.Your thread and your posts are not of God. God is love.

Images
    let's get another opinion on this:

^spot on. He would've been a great neighbor to share a few brews with.