LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Surfboards

Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post
    ^spot on. He would've been a great neighbor to share a few brews with.

I'm one of his biggest fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    I'm one of his biggest fans.
    Only one Son of God. He is the only Jesus I need to know. You should think up a better screen name, that one was taken long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    Only one Son of God. He is the only Jesus I need to know. You should think up a better screen name, that one was taken long ago.
    Have more faith and tolerance. George Carlin is a funny guy.
    Last edited by Jesus; Mar 9, 2013 at 03:06 AM. Reason: To err is human, to forgive divine.

Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    So now you've taken it upon yourself to become the moral authority on internet usernames???

This ought to get interesting

Images
    Wow!!!!! As many would know- I really don't check out this forum as much anymore... But wow! I just read this and after all the garbage that you guys talk about- someone posts something positive and mentions the name of Jesus and you all jump on his back?!?!? Seriously you should be ashamed.

He actually never brought up the word religion.... Someone else did... Religion is 'mans way' to get to God- like doing good works or following laws or codes or traditions to be at good standing with God. As was stated earlier - and is stated clearly in the Bible - the only way to have a good standing with God is through faith in what His Son did on the cross... Die for your sins so you can enter heaven on the day you die.

So I got two questions for you all:

1. What is your beef with Jesus(the Son of God- not the new guy above) Why do the majority of you hate Jesus?

2. Lets say that you believe in what ever makes you feel good about where you will go on the day that you die. And remember that 10 out of 10 people die. one day it will happen to all of us. You will end up in Disney land- since that's what you believe and it makes you happy. So the day comes- you die and end up somewhere different then Disney land... You end up in utah. So what does that mean??? That you had the wrong answer. Thus if there is a wrong answer ... There must be a right answer. So remember this- just cause you believe in something - does not make it true. We must all strive to seek what is true. And for an important question- like where you will spend eternity -you better have the correct answer!!!

Just some food for thought. I don't want to come across as pushy but I do think that it's serious issue and question that we all have to really put our emotions and past experiences aside and come to a correct and truthful answer to. The only reason I say this is over the years I have gotten to know some of you and I do care about all of you and I care about where you will spend eternity ... Cause you never know when that will happen
    Last edited by walkingonh2o; Mar 10, 2013 at 01:56 AM.

1st - I don't think anyone here hates Jesus. Some just hate having it pushed on them. ESPECIALLY on s SURF FORUM... If I went on a Jesus forum I'd expect some good preaching. When I look at a post that says "Free Surfboards" I don't want to be told what to believe when I click on it.

As for the 2nd part of your response... You are way off. Nobody will ever know what happens at the end. You can hope, but you will never know. If you do have a belief odds are you are wrong. Only one can be right... If "God" is as great as I am told he will let you in to the party regardless of what you believe. As long as you live you life as a good PERSON (not Christian) you will go to a hapyy place when you kick it.

If you think you figured it out and you know 100% what happens you're ignorant and probably incorrect....

Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    Wow!!!!! As many would know- I really don't check out this forum as much anymore... But wow! I just read this and after all the garbage that you guys talk about- someone posts something positive and mentions the name of Jesus and you all jump on his back?!?!? Seriously you should be ashamed.

He actually never brought up the word religion.... Someone else did... Religion is 'mans way' to get to God- like doing good works or following laws or codes or traditions to be at good standing with God. As was stated earlier - and is stated clearly in the Bible - the only way to have a good standing with God is through faith in what His Son did on the cross... Die for your sins so you can enter heaven on the day you die.

So I got two questions for you all:

1. What is your beef with Jesus(the Son of God- not the new guy above) Why do the majority of you hate Jesus?

2. Lets say that you believe in what ever makes you feel good about where you will go on the day that you die. And remember that 10 out of 10 people die. one day it will happen to all of us. You will end up in Disney land- since that's what you believe and it makes you happy. So the day comes- you die and end up somewhere different then Disney land... You end up in utah. So what does that mean??? That you had the wrong answer. Thus if there is a wrong answer ... There must be a right answer. So remember this- just cause you believe in something - does not make it true. We must all strive to seek what is true. And for an important question- like where you will spend eternity -you better have the correct answer!!!

Just some food for thought. I don't want to come across as pushy but I do think that it's serious issue and question that we all have to really put our emotions and past experiences aside and come to a correct and truthful answer to. The only reason I say this is over the years I have gotten to know some of you and I do care about all of you and I care about where you will spend eternity ... Cause you never know when that will happen

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    1st - I don't think anyone here hates Jesus. Some just hate having it pushed on them. ESPECIALLY on s SURF FORUM... If I went on a Jesus forum I'd expect some good preaching. When I look at a post that says "Free Surfboards" I don't want to be told what to believe when I click on it.

As for the 2nd part of your response... You are way off. Nobody will ever know what happens at the end. You can hope, but you will never know. If you do have a belief odds are you are wrong. Only one can be right... If "God" is as great as I am told he will let you in to the party regardless of what you believe. As long as you live you life as a good PERSON (not Christian) you will go to a hapyy place when you kick it.

If you think you figured it out and you know 100% what happens you're ignorant and probably incorrect....
    Nailed it. I personally have no problem with having a set of beliefs. The problem starts when those who chose to believe in a religion or a higher power as the case may be push their views on others. Just because you believe doesn't make you better than the rest of us. If anything is shows your inability to find happiness in your life of believing.

P.S. This thread is like herpes it just won't go away.

Images
    ^+1 ^

@ walkingonh2o: some people don't embrace your brand of Bronze-age mythology...and if your bizarre Disneyland/Utah metaphor is really the best intellectual argument you can muster, then it's not hard to see why. if you guys had a more coherent line of reasoning than "because the bible says so", you might get a better reception.

@ Wayne, the op: if there's a God, I'm absolutely confident that my children - or anybody's children - can find Him without your help.

here's a tip for all: beware of people who claim to be doing God's will.

To all you with negative vibes, why don't you just keep your opinions to yourself. He wasn't demanding anything from you. Just asking for help if you feel compelled to give it, I think it's a great ministry for The Lord. If I were a young impoverished kid I would be overjoyed to get a board and be able to pass out. I'm sure he isn't giving them away to your average Joe off the street. He's giving them to children who might not otherwise have anything positive going for them. Critique if you may, I won't be bothered. Just think you should hear someone out before scolding them. Ryan

I meant paddle - autocorrect... Lol