LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 321

Thread: Free Surfboards

  1. #171
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    3 hrs. from sand
    Posts
    52
    Give the guy a break. You guys are all wringing your hands and now you've got me doing it. I'm not much on hand-wringing. He's not going to shave kids' hair off and get them to follow a comet to their eternal bliss with a glass of kool aid or anything. Yes, I agree he's a little stupid for seemingly enjoying the inflammatory nature of the whole thing here among surfers, but what do you care even if it is a means of getting money and following for a religious group and using surfboards to do so? I get it that religions have throughout history harbored a88holes who have killed countless others for their beliefs or lack thereof. Those are however, the a88holes. Plenty of other people out there (especially in this country) kill others and serve no one but themselves at least partially because they have no morals (like confederate flag dude mentioned) and whether we like it or not, many, not all mind you, but many get the moral direction that keeps us from having to deal with their selfishness or much worse, from some belief in something greater than themselves. They consider others' needs and wants as well as their own. Pretty foreign ideology for the "oh..me, me, me, meeeee!!!" generation, from which many of you folks hail, with your dumb vernacular streaming from the smartphone velcroed to your semi-literate noggins. Let's face it, this country is pretty much Babylon right now (and I'm not even a particularly religious guy). It does sound a little like Jesus himself and his own life when a person steps forward to try and help others see some light and joy in life and all you supposedly spiritual surfers all attack him. I believe Christ himself endured all of that, though not through the sterile environment of social media. And of course, some of you aren't even spiritual. You're like 18 (or worse, 40-something and still talk like you are) and you think of surfing like you so everything else in life....all for you, you're the coolest, most testosterone laden, chick banging stud in the world and you even have a skateboard for the days when you don't go out on two foot days on a 5-8 attempting repetitive silly looking aerials so that maybe the girls will look. Far too cool for Jesus anyway, you. If I meet Wayne I am going to buy him a beer. Jesus loved beer, I hear. I might even give him a wave. Nahh. It's the east coast. Waves are too scarce.
    Last edited by tubesock; Sep 5, 2013 at 01:34 PM.

  2. #172
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Impacting the Coast for Jesus
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by tubesock View Post
    Give the guy a break. You guys are all wringing your hands and now you've got me doing it. I'm not much on hand-wringing. He's not going to shave kids' hair off and get them to follow a comet to their eternal bliss with a glass of kool aid or anything. Yes, I agree he's a little stupid for seemingly enjoying the inflammatory nature of the whole thing here among surfers, but what do you care even if it is a means of getting money and following for a religious group and using surfboards to do so? I get it that religions have throughout history harbored a88holes who have killed countless others for their beliefs or lack thereof. Those are however, the a88holes. Plenty of other people out there (especially in this country) kill others and serve no one but themselves at least partially because they have no morals (like confederate flag dude mentioned) and whether we like it or not, many, not all mind you, but many get the moral direction that keeps us from having to deal with their selfishness or much worse, from some belief in something greater than themselves. They consider others' needs and wants as well as their own. Pretty foreign ideology for the "oh..me, me, me, meeeee!!!" generation, from which many of you folks hail, with your dumb vernacular streaming from the smartphone velcroed to your semi-literate noggins. Let's face it, this country is pretty much Babylon right now (and I'm not even a particularly religious guy). It does sound a little like Jesus himself and his own life when a person steps forward to try and help others see some light and joy in life and all you supposedly spiritual surfers all attack him. I believe Christ himself endured all of that, though not through the sterile environment of social media. And of course, some of you aren't even spiritual. You're like 18 (or worse, 40-something and still talk like you are) and you think of surfing like you so everything else in life....all for you, you're the coolest, most testosterone laden, chick banging stud in the world and you even have a skateboard for the days when you don't go out on two foot days on a 5-8 attempting repetitive silly looking aerials so that maybe the girls will look. Far too cool for Jesus anyway, you. If I meet Wayne I am going to buy him a beer. Jesus loved beer, I hear. I might even give him a wave. Nahh. It's the east coast. Waves are too scarce.
    Tubesock, I give that a 2 thumbs-up. One thing I do not need is the beer. I can tell you this though, at one time in my life I thought like a lot of these guys. Guess what happened? Nahh they may throw me under the bus for it. I have to bite my tongue. Okay, I decided to follow Jesus instead of chasing the world. Yes that is what changed my life, accepting Jesus as my Savior.

  3. #173
    what did jesus save you from???

  4. #174
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    I decided to follow Jesus instead of chasing the world. Yes that is what changed my life, accepting Jesus as my Savior.
    Life is not an either/or question. There are an infinite number of ways to construct reality and almost all of them are far from the confines of your scriptured thinking.

  5. #175
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Impacting the Coast for Jesus
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by cstelman View Post
    what did jesus save you from???
    There are 2 final destinations after you leave this world. Do I have to tell you what they are? I am sure a lot of these guys on the forum have some pretty creative ideas for what their final destination is.

  6. #176
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    There are 2 final destinations after you leave this world.
    The So-called after-life is not an either/or question. Have you ever read a book that wasn't the bible? Might want to give it a try...

  7. #177
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    4,032
    Although cresto4 & I have had our raspy moments in the past, I'm 110% on board with what cresto4 stated so succinctly & so well. He nailed it.

    And could sonuvafollower & wayne & chromeo from South Carolina take your verbal cranking that has nothing to do with surfing and go meet Archy in a parking lot.
    There, you guys could explain to Archy your version of his magic contrails. And then the rest of us won't have your proselytizing drivel to pore through.

    Nice call, cresto.

  8. #178
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    369
    Images
    7
    There's an important question to answer. Did Christ walk out out of the tomb the Sunday after being crucified? If He did, the there is much to consider regarding Him, perhaps life changing. If not, take what moral teachings of His you prefer, if any, and carry on ..

  9. #179
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    grass lake, mi
    Posts
    43
    Images
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    Thanks for all the concerns and comments. Just trying to get the word out there and making plans for the mission. Anybody can try this if you have the time. We have made time and changed our lifestyle drastically to set forth on this journey. Once again if you would like to help please contact us. As for the negative comments we just deal with them.

    Thanks Wayne
    Thats awesome Wayne! The haters on here are just jealous because they want free surfboards. Clearly for them it is all about the money. Forget about the underprivileged kids that can't surf because they can't afford a board. I mean driving up the coast giving away surfboards sounds like a huge money maker, why didn't I think of that, I could be rich. The amount of hate is just sad. People are always scared of what they don't understand. Keep the stoke! Peace!

  10. #180
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    3,304
    I think more people are not happy about using free surfboards as a hook to reel kids in. If that is not what you do and keep the preaching to a minimum then good for you.