LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Surfboards

Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    Remember this...... the church is not the building, it is the people that gather to talk about Gods Word.

church= a group of Christians who come together regularly to worship, to learn, to serve God and others,and to pray for each other and help meet each others needs.
    Got a better definition for you and your methods.

Schil= Feeble minded, sheep-like person that tries too hard to sound important, but fails every time. Often found playing internet games from his parents basement, where he fantasizes about other men in homosexual acts, not realising these fantasies are a manifestation of his own suppressed desires.

i dont care to know **** about you, i know you ride a sup and that says alot lol and from the looks of things you prob spend more time on here trying to start **** then you spend in the water lol quit tryin to act like you dont ride a paddle board, its a stand up one at that lol you should punch yourself in the face for me every time you bring that board out just to remind you how much of an assclown you are. you should go find a river to paddle around in instead of trying to bash people over the internet too u fackin troll.

Quote Originally Posted by bukett View Post
    i dont care to know **** about you, i know you ride a sup and that says alot lol and from the looks of things you prob spend more time on here trying to start **** then you spend in the water lol quit tryin to act like you dont ride a paddle board, its a stand up one at that lol you should punch yourself in the face for me every time you bring that board out just to remind you how much of an assclown you are. you should go find a river to paddle around in instead of trying to bash people over the internet too u fackin troll.
    What's wrong with riding a paddleboard? This guy seems to be ok with it:

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    What's wrong with riding a paddleboard? This guy seems to be ok with it:
    he's also a world class douchbag in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    he's also a world class douchbag in real life.
    I am guessing that matches most celebrity surfing personalities. I heard G. Mac is an arsehole as well. Doesn't change the fact that there is nothing wrong with riding an SUP.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I am guessing that matches most celebrity surfing personalities. I heard G. Mac is an arsehole as well. Doesn't change the fact that there is nothing wrong with riding an SUP.
    as long as its not in the lineup......

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    Thanks Seldom. It's good to know I have a place in the line up.
    Hey anytime mang. In all reality my statement was tongue in cheek and honestly I have no problem with what people choose to believe provided it doesn't harm others. But you're still the man.

Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    Remember this...... the church is not the building, it is the people that gather to talk about Gods Word.

church= a group of Christians who come together regularly to worship, to learn, to serve God and others,and to pray for each other and help meet each others needs.
    So if we swapped a few words in there, we could stretch the definition of church to include this very forum(and obviously the ocean itself)

Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    Thanks Seldom. It's good to know I have a place in the line up.

I was actually considering jumping in the fray, but I'm concerned my post could be as lengthy as a Pauline epistle.. but, what the heck, here's an abbreviated version of whats on my mind..

Perhaps I'll throw out a few questions to ponder:
    1. What is the Gospel (or Good News)? Why is it Good News?
    2. Is there a Biblical mandate for it to be proclaimed? If so, what does this entail? What does this not entail? In other words, what means should be used to communicate it, and what means should not? Note: I realize a "Biblical Mandate" only applies to those who believe. It also makes sense that any message needs to be communicated in some fashion.

One other thought. The New Testament suggests that the Gospel is an offense. Why is this so? I have thoughts on this: It proclaims there is a God, which forces divine accountability upon us, it proclaims man as failing short of the divine standard, and unable to rectify this situation by his own means, and thus put in us in position to depend on "foreign aid", which ruffles our pride. There are probably other reasons.

The big problem, which I regret is when Christians themselves become the offense and stumbling block. The message and faith itself is difficult enough, without hypocrisy in the way. It grieves me when I hear stories like what DPSUP experienced, which certainly would leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth. Which is quite unfortunate.

When people have such a negative experience, how then can they possibly "Taste and see that the Lord is good"?

Peace, Bro's & I hope everyone gets a lil' swell..
    Nice post CapeCod, you're always welcome in the lineup round these here parts. I'm sorry my story grieves you, but never fear, it didn't keep me from having a belief in God, because I certainly do, but I don't fit the Christian stereo type by any means. I'm a sinner if there ever was one HAHA, and having had that experience, it opened my eyes to how others can take things a bit too far, fanatical is a word, but it's more than that, it's creepy LOL I use to attend church, but never felt like I fit in. I have nothing in common with most of the people there, and it's very "clickish" for a lack of better words. I don't find that environment my cup of tea. So nowadays I paddle out in the ocean, find a spot to myself, have some time to reflect, and then I go on to have an inspired session. Hope my posts didn't offend you.
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Sep 11, 2013 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bukett View Post
    I own an SUP so i'm an assclown? You could tell me that to my face and then we could see who's the assclown, how's that sound there tough guy? I and many others who SURF also own an SUP, around here it's quite normal actually, as they are great to cross train with, as well as go fishing from, and from time to time sure I might ride a wave on it, but it's not my primary mode of wave riding, but you didn't deserved that explanation. Anytime man, anytime....

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    as long as its not in the lineup......
    I don't care what you ride, as long as you show respect. Some of the better surfers around here have been known to break out the SUP, even on bigger days.