LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Surfboards

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Good i'm glad, and you are correct, I guess that's what bothers me the most about organized "religion".
    Indeed. Christianity is not intended to be a "religion" but a "relationship". Likewise, the Church is not intended to be an "organization" or "physical building", but an "organism", thus the NT metaphor of "the body" (this is what Wayne was getting at in post #249).

Unfortunately, it doesn't take much for this to degrade or get maligned. I suppose one issue is that humans seem to have a "control problem" (i.e., desire for) which causes things to move from relational/body to religion/organization, and that's where the simple and genuine aspects of Christianity get lost.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    The thread that just won't die for your sins.
    Comic relief appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    Indeed. Christianity is not intended to be a "religion" but a "relationship". Likewise, the Church is not intended to be an "organization" or "physical building", but an "organism", thus the NT metaphor of "the body" (this is what Wayne was getting at in post #249).

Unfortunately, it doesn't take much for this to degrade or get maligned. I suppose one issue is that humans seem to have a "control problem" (i.e., desire for) which causes things to move from relational/body to religion/organization, and that's where the simple and genuine aspects of Christianity get lost.
    Thank you for clarifying that capecoddog. Forget the denominations,rituals,building,etc.Grab a bible and some friends, go to the beach and start discussing. It is real simple, you should try it. Whole idea is to follow Jesus.

Wayne, your faux-virgin-white child-tempting van needs at least an oil change. Why don't you go tend to that.

Because your crap has exhausted every sane individual on this forum. And we need a rest from you.

That's what you & all the proselytizing self-righteous bettter-than-thou whack jobs are ultimately very good at: wearing down sane people with your inane, nutso-de-facto 'logic' that people just get tired of hearing.

ps -- strongly recommended that you see the movie 'Religulous' - - I'd pay to hear your shrieks of outrage upon your viewing of this new American classic flick.

Can I get a definition on inane. Not a big movie guy. You should try Noah's Ark with Noah Snyder. These guys might be able to convince you that people have a past, can change,and follow Christ.I still cannot figure out the problem that quiver full of you have. There are a certain few always responding. I have spoken personally to some of you in SI world via phone. The guys with the - never call. The guys with+ show great support. You guys are the ones with the problem. How about this: Why don't you nominate one of your guys to come out and observe one of the free surf camps, free board program, or just one of our gatherings. He or she will see something truly genuine, not a rehearsed propped up look what I did show. I will never lose my cool over this. Just speaking the TRUTH which sets you FREE.

According to Websters

Inane: 1:empty, insubstantial
    2: lacking significance, meaning, or point : silly <inane comments>

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    According to Websters

Inane: 1:empty, insubstantial
    2: lacking significance, meaning, or point : silly <inane comments>
    Thank you. I can sleep now.

Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    Thank you. I can sleep now.
    Don't forget to say your prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post