LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold Hands

Quote Originally Posted by JakeZnaty View Post
    what spot looks best for tomorrow and how big do you think it will be? im going to check Long Beach and if its not that big ill head over to fire island where im hoping it will be better there.
    I counting on it being at least waist to stomach high, hopefully bigger. Im not sure how accessible the beaches will be. Not to mention Suffolk roads are horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by LI Waterman View Post
    I counting on it being at least waist to stomach high, hopefully bigger. Im not sure how accessible the beaches will be. Not to mention Suffolk roads are horrific.
    what beaches are accessible? am i able to surf at long beach tomorrow? yeh im hoping for waist to stomach but surfline shows 1-2ft and magicseaweed shows 1ft,its weird

Images
    Hey I am from Eastern LI also and i have been all over the east end today looking for waves and can tell you if your spot is accessible or not if you are looking around here...

Did you score anywhere today? I usually surf fire island, roads were so bad I didnt get out. Maybe the county response will include not closing our parks or bridges, but instead to plow access to them.. High hopes, but Ill get there some how.

eastend are you in fire island , south hampton, east hampton areas?

Images
    eastend are you in fire island , south hampton, east hampton areas?
    East hampton area

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    East hampton area
    how big does it look like for tomorrow for long beach? does you think it will be atleast waist to shoulder? or should i go to fire island instead? which will have better conditions for sunday?

might as well wear boxing gloves if ur gunna layer em up
    try and piss in em before u put them on
    surf sucks, stay inside
    Last edited by vanman; Feb 10, 2013 at 11:12 AM.

Plane ticket: the easiest solution to cold hands

I always got my gloves boots and socks at dive shops. I loves mittens. claws always left my index finger lonely and cold. The socks make a big difference in ease of putting on the wet suit. Before the socks I'd use plastic newspaper bags under my boots. When I first winter surfed, I had multiple cotton socks, plastic bags, then duct taped it.