LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cold Surfing (<25 degrees)

I love to dawn patrol. I'd rather take high tide at 7 am then low tide at noon any day.
    Problem is days like tomorrow. It's going to be 14 degrees in the morning.

What do you guys do to stay warmer?
    Do you put vaseline on your face?

I was thinking of plastic wrapping these foot warmers I got and sticking them in my boots. Not sure how well that would work never heard of anyone doing that.

Anyone got any tips?

What do you do about your face?Anything?
    Last edited by ThatSlyB; Feb 11, 2013 at 02:30 AM.

hot box your car with heat before you go out.

quiksilver cypher heated vest. dream come true braahhh

thermos of hot water, drench the suit before u get in it. like a pre pissed in wetsuit. save some for your hands when u get out to use your keys

Agree with Quik heat vest. Best $200 ever spent

Quote Originally Posted by glassyandsunny View Post
    quiksilver cypher heated vest. dream come true braahhh
    second only to the wave jet !!!

No vaseline for me. The only "trick" I use is SmartWool snowboard socks under my 5mm boots. Other than that, keep your gear in good repair, and keep paddling.

If my suit is wet from the session before, I'll stick it in the dryer on high heat to warm it up for about a minute. This does NO damage to the suit, because it never gets hot enough to do any harm.

Images
    7 mil gloves, 7 mil boots, 6 mil suit.

the jobst compression stockings that are sold in pharmacies work much better than smart wool......they increase the circulation to the foot, have no bulk and absorb no water.....probably cheaper too. Started using them last year and never have to wear 7mm boots no matter how cold.

Thanks for the input guys, I am more worried about my face then anything else. 15 degree air on a wet face cant be good, combined with wind, atleast as far as frostbite goes.