LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbug View Post
    Wrong color and make of truck even.
    Wrong skin color too, what more could have been wrong? The only thing left would be if he was a female and not a male... then they'd have it ALL wrong!

By shooting at women and caucasians the LAPD is demonstrating that it is neither sexist nor racist; the LAPD is an equal opportunity shooter of ALL innocent people.

Quote Originally Posted by CBSCREWBY View Post
    By shooting at women and caucasians the LAPD is demonstrating that it is neither sexist nor racist; the LAPD is an equal opportunity shooter of ALL innocent people.
    And luckily, a bad shot.

Quote Originally Posted by CBSCREWBY View Post
    You know what they say.... "LAPD, We treat you like a King!"

And man, they turned that Taco ('yota-head speak for Tacoma) into swiss cheese!

What the heck? They put a lot of bullets in a truck for not trying to pull it over...my bad experiences with cops aside... I believe most are trying to protect and serve and I'm all for police doing whatever necessary to self guard themselves but this is outrageous! I sincerely hope that this guy gets PAID and has a chance to publicly expose the this dumbassed-ry. Those cops should loose their job and when they did, if it was me, I'd seek them out and either punch them in the face or thank them for setting me up for life (hopefully the later)...depending on the pay out. Crazy...

Images
    They went Bonnie and Clyde on that guy. Lucky to be alive. That nutjob they are looking for must have crazy dirt on some important people.

Quote Originally Posted by H2O'C View Post
    They went Bonnie and Clyde on that guy. Lucky to be alive. That nutjob they are looking for must have crazy dirt on some important people.
    This, there has to be more to the story that isn't getting told. Not the most corruption free police department either.

Quote Originally Posted by oldenglish View Post
    This, there has to be more to the story that isn't getting told. Not the most corruption free police department either.
    Not excusing the response by LA's finest, but Dorner shot down and killed a police captain's daughter and the guy (I think her fiancÚ) she was with. Called the father and mocked his daughter's death. Then he went and lit up 3 more cops, injuring 2 and killing 1. He also stated in his manifesto that he's targeting something like 50 other cops and their families. The LAPD is facing an individual who was trained to kill by the Army and by the police in their tactics. Such a person, going after the LAPD and especially their families seems like it would elicit exactly this kind of response. Bunch of scared, trigger happy cops are freaking out. Why does there have to be a conspiracy? More likely they don't want this guy to get lost in the criminal justice system.

Qui custodiet custodiens?

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Not excusing the response by LA's finest, but Dorner shot down and killed a police captain's daughter and the guy (I think her fiancÚ) she was with. Called the father and mocked his daughter's death. Then he went and lit up 3 more cops, injuring 2 and killing 1. He also stated in his manifesto that he's targeting something like 50 other cops and their families. The LAPD is facing an individual who was trained to kill by the Army and by the police in their tactics. Such a person, going after the LAPD and especially their families seems like it would elicit exactly this kind of response. Bunch of scared, trigger happy cops are freaking out. Why does there have to be a conspiracy? More likely they don't want this guy to get lost in the criminal justice system.

Qui custodiet custodiens?
    You're joking right? What you are saying is it's understandable to empty a clip on some guy because you think he fits the profile, but when in fact he fits nothing even remotely close to the profile. I'd understand if the guy was black (just like the real suspect) and a similar build with the same or similar made / model of truck... but this was not even close, so to suggest it's an honest mistake is laughable at best.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    You're joking right? What you are saying is it's understandable to empty a clip on some guy because you think he fits the profile, but when in fact he fits nothing even remotely close to the profile. I'd understand if the guy was black (just like the real suspect) and a similar build with the same or similar made / model of truck... but this was not even close, so to suggest it's an honest mistake is laughable at best.
    Nope, not what I suggested at all. Also, there were two separate shooting incidents, two separate LA Times stories, you're missing some details man. All I said was, "why does this have to be a conspiracy?"

I've been hearing a lot of, "the LAPD wants to kill this guy because he knows where all the skeletons are buried" chatter around here (meaning San Diego) all weekend long. I'm just saying that I don't buy into that conspiracy theory. I think that the LAPD wants this guy dead because they're pissed and scared. That's it.

In no way do I find the officers' response in either shooting incident justifiable or excusable. Just predictable.

And to clarify what I mean by predictable, "Bunch of scared, trigger happy cops are freaking out."
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Feb 11, 2013 at 09:24 PM.