LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

waves breaking into wooded or marshy areas

random question, is there anywhere in the usa where waves break from the ocean into a wooded or marshy area without a beach?

The Bogs on staten island the day before sandy comes to mind. Other then that not that I know of

when adrenaline from the possibility of blunt trauma on rocks isnt enough, throw in some dead heads to get impaled on...

Here are a few from eastern shore. I believe these are from the atlantic side of the barrier islands. I'm not positive though. They're from this set of pics on flickr.

Some of the setups look like they could have potential on the right swell.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/campbel...7594301326476/

hunting island in SC erodes so much its got trees everywhere coming out of the water. the usually make for better waves around the thick patches though so ive dinged a few boards that way

On those Eastern shore pics...is that VA?

You know how we imagine waves breaking in our local water ways...just curious if there is anything like that? Not trees in the line up, but just wavesbreaking into a forest...weird question i know...

In the late 70's early 80's there were stumps and fallen trees at the waters edge in Sandbridge VA.

Corolla has ancient tree stumps in the lineup

Images
    Sounds like you're planning your next "trip"

Pritchard's Island near Hunting Island and Fripp Island has waves that break into the tree line. I haven't surfed it. Send pictures..