LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    You sir, are an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by richp12 View Post
    id rather suck at surfing and every aspect of life then to be a sellout a$$hole like yourself.
    you must be the phuckin man if you can go on the internet and tell off an entire state. but i expected the dbag who wrote would be from said state. sweet dude you've surfed in california, and you've dubbed yourself a real surfer.... you've pretty much just layed it out there that your a bigger jackas$ then your white trash cousin pauly d

talk about polluted.... your brain along with southern california's entire atmosphere

2. Quote Originally Posted by xgen70 View Post
    "outhouse" that is the Eastern Shore.
    +1,000,000

Quote Originally Posted by jasorod View Post
    While I like surfing there, I'd say for VB folks Sandbridge is over-rated ... the surf at 1st Street and Croatan is much better against the jetty than on Virginia's "OBX". Still though, I know some purists who swear by Sandbridge and would rather go there than the beachfront. And if I'm surfing at 1st, and say it was chest-high, they'll tell me they were down at Sandbridge and it was head-high ... it's always "bigger". Yet when I go ... it's the same exact wave, just 5 miles down the coast, and without the benefit of the sandbars that pile up against the jetty at 1st.
    Whenever I went there it was just a shorebreak on the inside

Quote Originally Posted by CBSCREWBY View Post
    Man! sarcasm doesn't come across on the forum at all. NJ guys say NJ surf sucks to keep people off their breaks and to bust on themselves; they are joking. If you look at their screen names you will see they are from NJ and proud of it.

On another note, surfing in general sucks. Nobody cool is doing it any more. All the cool guys and girls are into competitive eating. Surfing is for losers. Nobody should ever, surf especially in and around CB... It never goes off. (Insert Emoticon showing sarcasm here)
    Some people just don't get it. Thought this may have spelled it out for those ready to defend their state til the death. Guess not.

While I like surfing there, I'd say for VB folks Sandbridge is over-rated ... the surf at 1st Street and Croatan is much better against the jetty than on Virginia's "OBX". Still though, I know some purists who swear by Sandbridge and would rather go there than the beachfront. And if I'm surfing at 1st, and say it was chest-high, they'll tell me they were down at Sandbridge and it was head-high ... it's always "bigger". Yet when I go ... it's the same exact wave, just 5 miles down the coast, and without the benefit of the sandbars that pile up against the jetty at 1st.
    Grew up in S'bridge and live at the oceanfront now. What I miss are actual sandbars. The kind with a deep spot between the bar and beach. Those setups always seem to break better during 3 or so hours before and after low tide. Just look for a deep spot between sandbars and work the edges for nice lefts or rights. And, if you're in the know, there's usually at least one good high tide shorebreak setup in sandbridge. Plus, sandbridge is a little closer to the continental shelf so less wave energy is lost to the swell dragging the bottom.

The constant beach replenishment at the oceanfront just leaves more of a straight ledge along the beach leading to tons of closeouts like we had during most of last aug.-oct. swells.

I don't spend much time at the north end (oceanfront) b/c I hate dealing with the parking and traffic. It's much easier to bike to the boardwalk then travel north or south for a few blocks to find the best break. Job, mortgage and wife take up enough time as it is.

Don't get me wrong, 1st street, the pier and croatan do get good. I'd say even better than sandbridge on small waves. Any kind of structure usually helps around here. I'd just rather avoid the hordes of people.

You are right, absolutely no reason to go to sandbridge. First street is the bomb, everyone should continue to go there.

.... can't.... ....stop.... .....reading.....

...must..... ....get back..... to .... work....

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    You sir, are an idiot.
    LOL!

at least he's not a "c()nt" like me!

Quote Originally Posted by wontonwonton View Post
    congo4life.......shut up

this thread is pointless
    and sam hammer is NJ barrel god u people obv havent seen him when its very large

Ha Barrel god? guess you have never seen Humphries and Gleason surf

Quote Originally Posted by Congo4life93 View Post
    Ha Barrel god? guess you have never seen Humphries and Gleason surf
    dey r da good too. da dood was trashin hamma. jerz is cool