LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keeping Warm

My buddy is a sales rep for heated wetsuits. Love them and they work!

http://www.heatedwetsuits.com/

my 6/5/4 has done the trick for me... 7mil sg5 boots, 7mil xcel drylock mits. I dont remember ever being cold... I mean I know its cold out but I never was affected by it that I had to bail or anything.
    As for changing.... well I live at the beach so its basically just taking my mits and booties off in the backyard and then heading in for a hot shower.

being warm before you hit the beach is key.move quickly and keep moving,paddling,taking waves until adrenaline kicks in.after surf,who cares?if it's freezing,drive home in suit and change in the house.

throw some jugs of warm water in a cooler for the after session hose-down. or just do your changing at home. not sure why everyone feels the need to change right there and then... just throw a towel down and ride home.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by desandan View Post
    i used to be able to walk home but since sandy i now travel at least 30mins to surf, i cant wait to be back to walking distance
    Whaaaaahhhhhh!?!?!? But OldSoul said Sandy would be "obsolete" once all the holiday sales began.
    Last edited by Doug; Feb 17, 2013 at 11:47 PM.

Seen these suits at WRV. They are awesome. I purchased the 4/5 hooded drylock before these came in. Its the future
    Quote Originally Posted by tvb6990 View Post
    My buddy is a sales rep for heated wetsuits. Love them and they work!

http://www.heatedwetsuits.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Seen these suits at WRV. They are awesome. I purchased the 4/5 hooded drylock before these came in. Its the future
    Yea man they are great. You can wear them snowboarding or under anything really!! Great product

Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    not sure why everyone feels the need to change right there and then... just throw a towel down and ride home.
    Because we have to go to work. I'd rather spend the extra 15 minutes it takes me to drive home and shower catching a few more waves.