LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Practicing Turns On Land

Do you guys know of any ways to practice turns/slashes on land or any workouts to strengthen the muscles used in explosive turns? Excluding indo boards and ripstick type boards.

To practice the motion generally

longboarding on hills/ around bends

Go buy youself a nice longboard skateboard. I have had great service at www.daddiesboardshop.com You can fully customize your board (trucks, bearings, wheels, griptape, etc) for relatively the same price as an off-the-shelf board.

Once you get a ride, go find a nice bank or hill to bomb. You will find yourself carving concrete in no time.

carver skateboard.
    http://www.carverskateboards.com/index.html

/thread

reverse pelvic thrusts man

Images
    Thank you for banning him swellinfo. but yea longboarding down hills and trying to turn at the last possible second to avoid something has helped my frontside surfing considerably this winter, helps you get that pivot motion down

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSurfing View Post
    To practice the motion generally
    Explosive turns and carves are different, so carving a skateboard won't help much. To practice explosive turns on a skateboard you need to be a good and aggresive skater that's more than willing to donate blood to your purpose. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    +1, closest thing I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Explosive turns and carves are different, so carving a skateboard won't help much. To practice explosive turns on a skateboard you need to be a good and aggresive skater that's more than willing to donate blood to your purpose. Good luck
    You are right only to an extent. You can't really practice turns but what you CAN do is practice bottom turning!!! Longboarding will help your bottom turn which will increase the power in your top turns. Also, its fun and its a good way to keep your legs strong. I can't wait until the snow melts so I can bomb some hills myself.