LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    greenlight
    Posts
    23
    longboard 180 powerslides, both front and backside. It's not exact, but if done properly it's similar to a top turn.

  2. #22
    go snowboarding. After a good snow I have noticed that large drifts accumulate on the sides of the runs. I will go all the way down cupp run (over a mile long) making backside snaps and big "bottom turns" on ~ chest high embankments. Then I'll ride the lift up and do it down the other side, front side. After about twice I get bored and start riding in the woods though, hey, that will prepare you for dodging crowds! The never ending wave, baby.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    go snowboarding. After a good snow I have noticed that large drifts accumulate on the sides of the runs. I will go all the way down cupp run (over a mile long) making backside snaps and big "bottom turns" on ~ chest high embankments. Then I'll ride the lift up and do it down the other side, front side. After about twice I get bored and start riding in the woods though, hey, that will prepare you for dodging crowds! The never ending wave, baby.
    I second that! Snurfin' is where it's at, especially Cupp Run. I ride a burton fish regardless of powder being around and it is insane. It just wants to turn, and without having a tail, it releases on banks like nothing else.

    The carver boards are also amazing, however I tweaked my knee ripping a low frontside cutback to slide on my 'Da Monsta'. Nothing too serious I hope. But with that in mind, if you haven't been working out your legs, ie squats, leg extensions, in the gym, or warmed up, watch yourself on those Carvers! I love it though!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Green Room
    Posts
    903
    Images
    8
    is the only difference between a carver and other long boards the width of the truck?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorMdVaNc View Post
    I second that! Snurfin' is where it's at, especially Cupp Run.
    What is Cupp Run?

  6. #26
    A ski run at Showshoe, WV. Kind of like the best point break in Texas compared to other breaks in the world. World class, no. One of the best spots around here, probably.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,332
    Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    is the only difference between a carver and other long boards the width of the truck?
    No, they have a couple different truck options that have different radius points. The C7 "surf skate" pivots in two different directions. Check out their website, they explain it.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post
    A ski run at Showshoe, WV. Kind of like the best point break in Texas compared to other breaks in the world. World class, no. One of the best spots around here, probably.
    Fair enough. I've been boarding all over the globe, and with a few feet of fresh on it, cupp run IS world class. Only problem is the rarity of that occasion.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    Fair enough. I've been boarding all over the globe, and with a few feet of fresh on it, cupp run IS world class. Only problem is the rarity of that occasion.
    I second Leethestud again. I scored second tracks down Lower Shay's Revenge (adjacent to Cupp) with 2' of fresh a few years ago. My best run ever. The car sized ice moguls from the prior day turned into a pillow-field straight down! So epic.

    Next Thursday might be one of those rare days. Follow that crazy weatherman "wxrisk.com" on facebook for updates.

  10. #30
    Snowboarding is a great way to practice explosive turns. Do it going fast, in powder, on a bank, on ice. You can get good practice with that. The way you can explosively snap the tail of your board while stopping or turning is very similar to surfing. Especially if you try to simulate surfing with it. Give it a try, you will be surprised. As someone who gets to either snowboard or surf on a regular basis, I can say they can simulate each other very closely.... If you try.