LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    thats exactlly what i was thinkin!!lol..i never heard of a million dollar stick,but who would ride a board like that at pipe!!??its like buying a bently just to take to destruction derby.pipe breaks boards.personally if i was there(i wouldnt of even paddled out)but id use a series of old used beatup boards like i do around here.im no pro,got no sponsors,i spend 700 on a board,and break it the first hour,id be pretty pisssed
    You don't ride the million dollar surfboard. The million dollar surfboard rides you.

this has got me thinking of how to make the cheapest surf board possible (as close to free as you can get) and then of course a surf off between the cheapest and the most expensive boards in the world.

i was thinking chambered recycled cardboard, but i need some sort of free fabric to cover it, maybe old rice bags or something like that.

It's not the materials that make it expensive, he uses wood, you know, from trees.

The rest of the surfboard industry rely on space age-ed high density foams and chemistry experiment glassing. Both of which are awful for the environment, and our health.

I'm all about wooden boards, just not for $500000. I couldn't care less about the flex and displacement tails etc,